DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

trouble with becoming spoiled

Guest Rainbow

Guest Rainbow

I'm not exactly sure if this is what's going on, but that's my hunch. My daddy loves to 'spoil' me. By this I mean, we will take a weekend trip every one and a half to three months or so (background information- he works three weeks away from home, then is home for three weeks). Basically every time he is home, sometimes every other time. He was making a comfortable amount of money before I moved in with him in January, and then his time got cut back at work, so we are a bit tighter now. So before, he was very free with his wallet. If we were out, I pretty much got whatever I wanted. Not that I abused that, but I do love a souvenir, ya know? And we went out to experience nice restaurants etc. When I moved in, I took about two months off of work in order to help him fix up his house. Now I'm finding that I really have a hard time going to work. It feels more difficult than it was before I had my couple of months off. Also when we are out I have a hard time going along with the shoestring budget plans we initially talked about. I am a picky eater and also an indulging type eater. Also, since I've joined this forum community, I've realized that a lot of you guys have a star chart etc. to keep you accountable for responsibilities and to earn rewards. Sometimes I have a hard time getting motivated to do the things I need to do around the house. I am wondering if this is something that would help me. I've never had a lot of structure or will power to get things done that I didn't like. Not sure why. I did mention this topic to Daddy and he says he's been thinking on it. I'm guessing we will have a more in depth chat about this when he comes home next week.

I know that was all very scattered but I think basically my questions are as follows: Have any of you ever experienced getting spoiled and acting spoiled (resisting to do what you were supposed to, feeling 'entitled' if that's the right way to put it)? I don't mean to do wrong, I just.. I don't know what my deal is. Anyway, also what are any tips anyone has on how to fix this problem? Whether it be a structure like charting or otherwise.

Thank you in advance!

I think when people have that lifestyle, its both people get spoiled and they really enjoy it.  I think for the both of you, so you guys can still keep your special time together look up some stuff to do that's free in your city, figure out games, go buy something like badminton rackets or something.  (You guys will make them count by using them a lot) along with watching movies from websites and tv shows. 

As for the behaviour, I think what's going to remember is the changes aren't going to happen over night. Its going to take the both of you some time. Your Daddy probably likes to buy you stuff and when you have that luxury its really nice.

Pick a time, like every few months you guys go out and you guys do something fancy/fun. See if you can get an allowance if possible and save that so you can buy some things. :3 I'm not sure if you have a job yet, but I know when you do get income it'll help steady out whats going on for you.  

Guest Rainbow

thanks guys. tori, i originally felt pretty guilty taking gifts and help from him but as we stayed together longer, i got over it. sae, you're right, we should focus more on the free stuff. there are just so many enticing paid things! sigh..

so do you think this is what is going on? spoiledness? anyone else have a take?