DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

I'm a switch and extremely confused.

sheepyblr

I recently got into a new cgl mdlb relationship with someone, and I'm a switch. They will switch for me but they don't enjoy it as much as when they're little. I love being his caregiver but I also really want to be little too. I feel as if this is just going to fail. He wants the relationship to work out so badly too, but I feel guilt horrible and sad that I also want to be little too.

An option could be getting a separate cg for yourself. He is your little and you are someone else's little that way you both get what you want. Of course, all three of you would have to be open with the dynamic and not everyone is into sharing. Edited by little_pinkprincess
  • Like 6

If your partner is only doing it to make you happy whilst not actually being a switch, i would say it's very unlikely to work. Sorry but i am just being honest. That is a very unsustainable behaviour. Role play is different in principle. Essentially this is role play for them, but role play has to be enjoyed by the person doing it, and you already know they don't enjoy it.
  • Like 1

Guest JayRingo77

Oh boy...the 'switch' conversation.  *eyes his soap box and decides to leave it in the closet*

I'll say this.  SUeB has the crux of it.  Speaking from my years as a Dom in harder contexts, the label 'switch' has been too casually tossed around and diluted.  Being a switch doesn't mean that on occasion you'll shrug your shoulders at your partner's request and pick up the crop.  To be a true switch you have to want that Dominant role just as much as you want to be under the crop.  I don't think your lb is a switch or will ever be one based on the brief description you've provided.  Until he takes the dominant role to fulfill his desires, he's only role playing at your request.  No matter how much effort he puts into it for you, I don't see your expectations and needs being fulfilled.

And rereading your post I don't think you are labeling him a switch...ah well I'm not going to go back and delete this because I think it's a valid point and warrants being out there.

I think the better question to ask here is what compels you to maintain a relationship where being all of yourself causes such guilt and sadness?

• Like 1