DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Looking for a mentor

DaddyFunTime

I am new to the dynamic and after doing some search I am finding lots of info but also a lot that is inconsistent. I am looking for another Daddy to give me some pointers and help me get started.

I will say right off the bat, I am fairly new to this also, but I have seen patterns. 

I would guess a lot of the information you have seen that is inconsistent are based on personalities/thoughts/beliefs/etc. Mentors are great only for about 30 seconds because in this dynamic, the only thing that is the same between everyone is the dynamic itself. How it is shaped is completely up to the CG and the little. For example, some CGs and Littles have sexual punishments for if the little misbehaves, where as my little and myself do not, because she isn't sexual as a little.

No one can teach you how to be a daddy, its really hard to explain but you either fit the role or you don't, there really isn't a middle ground. But in this community, everyone is really friendly, so don't be afraid to ask a question on the forums or in the chat, there is bound to be someone that can help. 

Hope that helped in any way.

• Like 2

Yeah, okay I agree that there's no "right" way of being a CG/Daddy, but there sure as hell are "wrong" ways of doing it!

But a good ddlg relationship - like any other relationship - should be based on mutural trust and clear communication. 

Also: This site offers a whole lot of INSPIRATION of how things could work out. Use them if you like, but again, it's not set in stone that this is the rightTM way of doing things

Guest starsInTheNight

Both of the posters above made great points and I agree a mentor may not be the right way to go.

An alternative might be to post here the questions you have or, if you'd rather not, befriend other Daddies and ask them directly by PM but I would recommend talking to multiple daddies. That way, you'll be able to get several points of view and crossreference answers.

Research and discussion with other Daddies. There's no cookie cutter way to be a Daddy it's different for each daddy and each little. Our Caregiver Cafe board is awesome. Lots of intelligent, well versed, experienced CGs that can help you out :) 

Enjoy the Journey :D 

The only thing a so-called "mentor" can teach you, is what they do, or how they feel. As you get more experienced in this world, you will realise that there is no such thing as "one true way". Daddies are not "one size fits all", and someone might tell you a whole lot of stuff that doesn't fit you in the slightest. Or even things that are simply wrong. Calling themselves a mentor doesn't qualify them for anything, other than arrogance usually, i am afraid.

Sure, ask questions, get different opinions and advice, etc, but never rely on one person to tell you how it is.