DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Is this usual?

LizzTea

I am a dom however I find I enjoy many things of the things littles like, I have a weakness for cartoons and sweets, and in vanilla relationships that I've had I found myself assuming more of a submissive role when given opportunity. I don't however consider myself little and I adored being a daddy dom when I have had the opportunity in the past. Taking care of littles is extremely fulfilling and I couldn't see myself ever not wanting to do that. So what I'm wanting to know is if this is a norm among other doms or not. Please respond freely!

You can be a Caregiver without being a Dominant type, if that's how you feel :) Or a switch! Or just whatever you want! Littles look for somebody who will interact with our interests, not just stick cartoons on for us and then get bored.

It may not be the norm amongst 'tumblr Doms' to take a less concrete role, but in terms of real life DDlg, there is no norm and what you described there definitely won't turn many littles away :)

• Like 1

Yes, I've known Doms to color with their littles and such, it doesn't make you any less of a CG! You decide that for yourself but like others said, there's no guidelines.  :D

• Like 1

My Daddy is DEFINITELY a dominant Daddy.

But he is like my best friend, and sometimes he pretend to be in a little space with me!
Whenever I'm really playful he'll play along with me and I love it! Yesterday he was so adorable I wanted to snuggle him up and put him in a bed a pat his little head. ARGHHH SO CUTE. 

But he only does this sometimes. Every other time, he is a Dom. :3

Continue being yourself! Don't try and conform to what you think you should be! Always be yourself! :D  

• Like 1

Well, I am a Daddy Dom, but I have a little side myself. I enjoy crafting, watching movies and cartoons that I grew up with; all sorts of things. I don't really go fully into little space, but that little side to my personality is almost always present. In a way, I think it helps me to relate to littles in general, and to my partner while she is in little space. I don't mind snuggling up to watch a Pixar or Disney film, or breaking out the Legos and modeling clay. :D 

I would say that my little side is on the more submissive end of my sexual spectrum, but that only presents itself in very restricted instances. We're all individuals, each of us unique beings. So, whatever dynamics that are in play in your own relationships are perfectly valid so long as everyone involved is adhering to the principals of Safe, Sane, and Consentual. Be true to yourself and your partner/s and everything else will fall into place.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest curious-babydoll

My Papa has a little side and is not present very often (or at least we don't switch often) I think it helps him be an even better Daddy. It also makes me feel better about being little. Plus I love seeing that side of him. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Lizztea, as many have said, there are many many variants of Daddy Dom's out there.  I can't tell you if it's "normal" for all DD's but I can tell you it's normal for me.  Part of the enjoyment for me in the DD/lg mechanic is participating with my little in watching cartoons or going fun places etc.  I would assume that most caregivers at least derive enjoyment from watching their little's enjoy these things, but I'm willing to bet there's more than just you and I enjoying doing these things with them as well.