DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Food tastes better with Daddy

Lola Step

This might sound silly (I know Daddy always thinks I'm silly when I say it) but does anyone else think their food tastes wayyyy better when they're eating with their Daddy/Caregiver? I've noticed that even if I'm eating the exact same meal both times it always tastes better with Daddy than it does on my own :p
  • Like 3

I don't think it's silly at all. Company is very important for the way we feel about things and if e.g. being with someone calms you then you'll be more open to really smell and enjoy the food rather than when you eat because you have to fill your stomach somehow.

I usually eat more slowly when I'm not alone and that is definitely something that helps in tasting your food. ^_^

• Like 1

Guest Looby-Lou

Eating is a social activity for many many people.  In fact it is for most of us lucky people who don't eat just for survival.

I sometimes like to relax and eat alone, think my thoughts or read a good book. But I also enjoy eating with a good friend or partner.  It's just that I find it really hard to eat and talk, I get indigestion!

I wouldn't say I enjoy food more with my Daddy than with anyone else though. 

• Like 1

Guest QueenJellybean

yes!!!! 

similarly, when The Giant makes himself something like a sandwich, i always want a bite even if i didn't before.

& food tastes so much better off his plate!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's always better with company, imo. Even better again when it's with someone you're close to them. As someone who really enjoys food, getting to share that with someone I love is really fun ^^