#21 Lightofmylife

Lightofmylife

The Listener

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 10 posts
    • LocationUSA

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:28 PM

Before I knew about DDLG, all of my relationships has been long distance. I was shy in person and didn't talk to a lot of people. I felt more comfortable dating online than in person.

Sadly, my past relationships didn't work out. It still didn't keep me from wanting to meet people online because you just don't know how you will meet the love of life.

I think it depends on the person. Some people can do long distance, while others can't.

I'm sure you will find the love of life online or in person, just have faith.  :D

#22 Nymph

Nymph

little bimbo

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 184 posts
    • Locationnear San Diego

Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:24 PM

Like pretty much everyone else said, it depends on the person.

I was a bit like you, all my relationships stared online because I just couldn't click in person, the rare few I was attracted to would make me feel so shy and nervous I could never actually get to know them. The couple I got a deep connection in person I couldn't help to see them as brothers... I loved them but there was no attraction.

That being said I did end up wasting time online because sometimes the guy would not be honest, too many married guys or just plain lonely who are not interested in ever meeting in person even if they won't admit it to themselves. So I changed my approach and it made a world of difference! I would give them basically 3 months to meet me in person, starting to mention it after the first month of so. If by month 3 they didn't have a date not too far off then I would either dump them or start talking to someone else so I could start to convince myself to let go. It saved me a lot of heartache but also gave me plenty of time so they knew the real me and I could get comfortable around them more easily when we met.

Funny enough Daddy (hubby) and I were acquaintances online for 3 years before we really became friends online, our friendship lasted a few weeks until it went to flirting and by the month mark we were thinking about meeting, everything moved pretty fast from there. He didn't fit into my little schedule since I never thought he was an option but the timing ended up being about the same. We both agree if we had started flirting from day 1 neither of us would have been ready for a relationship, my biggest worry when we met in person was lack of chemistry because of my weird adopting/friend-zoning habit with guys I had a connection before, but there was fireworks at first sight.

So yeah, I say don't put all your eggs in one basket, if a guy is not ready it's ok to be friends but don't commit until you meet in person. I have been there and it's super awkward if there is no chemistry and you already planned your life together!!!

#23 PrincessShannon

PrincessShannon

Middle Little Pet

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 21 posts
    • LocationSanta Rosa CA

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:47 PM

As long as you both put in the effort to make it work your relationship has a good chance. But always remember eventually someone will have to move so you can be in person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users