DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Having To Put Life On Hold (NEED ADVICE)

Guest JasmineStarshine

Guest Naturalselectionissexy

Welcome to reality and it seems like you're going to have to become a responsible adult now and do so quickly! Oh and don't have a victim mentality bringing up the whole gaslighting nonsense, that is a character trait that will not help you in life. 

Luckily for you it seems like you have a partner and that alone will cut down on your living expenses by 50% if they pay for half. Now go find a room that you two can share in someones house if you have to, that will be your cheapest option. Look on craigslist under rooms and sublets for your local area.  

You will have to do what hundreds of thousands if not millions do. Work and go to school! The fact that you're 23 and still expected your parents to support your lifestyle even though you're apparently old enough and mature enough to be married is inexcusable. You should never expect people/family/government to support you.  

Now go find a job and cut out everything from your life that you can't afford. Here is what you need. Food, water, and shelter. Anything beyond that is frivolous. If you already have a job and can't afford those things then get another job. If both you and your partner are working 16 hour days and still can't afford the basics then your standards are too high. Get a ratty space and sleep on the floor. Eat rice, beans, bread, and peanut butter that you buy it bulk since it is ridiculously cheap. Only drink water. Use the bus, walk, or bike. Get rid of an expensive phone plan. 

There used to be a time in place where I lived like I suggested above. All I can say is work hard, don't get a useless degree in gender studies or lesbian dance, and live well under your means. Once you have saved up enough money to not work for 12 months and can live off that savings, only then should you consider changing your living arrangements, employment, and or schooling. Even then you need to always keep that 12 month nest egg intact and available. 

Guest JasmineStarshine

Welcome to reality and it seems like you're going to have to become a responsible adult now and do so quickly! Oh and don't have a victim mentality bringing up the whole gaslighting nonsense, that is a character trait that will not help you in life. 

Luckily for you it seems like you have a partner and that alone will cut down on your living expenses by 50% if they pay for half. Now go find a room that you two can share in someones house if you have to, that will be your cheapest option. Look on craigslist under rooms and sublets for your local area.  

You will have to do what hundreds of thousands if not millions do. Work and go to school! The fact that you're 23 and still expected your parents to support your lifestyle even though you're apparently old enough and mature enough to be married is inexcusable. You should never expect people/family/government to support you.  

Now go find a job and cut out everything from your life that you can't afford. Here is what you need. Food, water, and shelter. Anything beyond that is frivolous. If you already have a job and can't afford those things then get another job. If both you and your partner are working 16 hour days and still can't afford the basics then your standards are too high. Get a ratty space and sleep on the floor. Eat rice, beans, bread, and peanut butter that you buy it bulk since it is ridiculously cheap. Only drink water. Use the bus, walk, or bike. Get rid of an expensive phone plan. 

There used to be a time in place where I lived like I suggested above. All I can say is work hard, don't get a useless degree in gender studies or lesbian dance, and live well under your means. Once you have saved up enough money to not work for 12 months and can live off that savings, only then should you consider changing your living arrangements, employment, and or schooling. Even then you need to always keep that 12 month nest egg intact and available. 

Excuse you. I do have a degree and I'm working full time in higher education with benefits. We have an extremely tight budget as is and have been very careful with our 'fun spending money' over the years. You do not have the full context and backstory as to what all has transpired between us. Furthermore, "Wifey" is a petname.