DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Buying Stuffies

PastelBruises

Where do you all get your Stuffies? I've been wanting some for a bit now, but have not idea where to go.

Also if you buy used Stuffies, do you have a certain way to sanitize then?

Guest QueenJellybean

i am what they call a stuffie purist. 

i'll be the first to admit it.

unless i'm gifted it by someone, or in rare, rare exceptions, 

i get all my stuffed animals from Build-a-Bear workshop.

i also get them at zoos or aquariums in gift shops! 

i'd suggest washing your stuffed animals in warm water with soap

with a hand/towel dry if you want to try and sanitize them! 

i know some people who know how to take the stuffing out so you can machine wash them, but that terrifies me!

My wife, Daddy and I have bought stuffies from all sorts of places including stores, online, while travelling, garage sales and have even gotten some off a local free cycle page that people were passing along. Daddy is actually taking me to our local build a bear next week as a reward for being so well behaved last week.

In terms of cleaning / sanitizing previously loved stuffies a lot depends on the brand and quality. Condition is usually not an issue as we're actually fairly picky about that particular aspect. We will hand wash the fur on higher end stuffies and dry with warm air from a hair dryer while more durable plushies, as it were, will get a gentle cycle in the washer and low temp tumble dry.

The final step is the most important which is Daddy will spray on some of his personal scent (Noir) in his case and then snuggle the plushies so when he gives them too me they smell like him. My wife also does this with any plushies she buys for me but she likes various scents so it's always a bit more of a surprise. I love getting new plushies and burying my face in them and smelling the two most important people in my life. Scent is such a strong trigger for memories and emotions and it reay helps calm me down when they arent physically present.

Little kaiya

Edited by Little kaiya
  • Like 1

I'm obsessed with stuffies!

Honestly I'm not very picky with where to buy stuffies. My favourite place is goodwill! I've never been able to personally go to a build-a-bear since there aren't any very close(At least 2 hours away  -_- ) 

Some gas station mini-marts have stuffies, especially the ones on truck routes. There is also Walmart! 

As for washing.. I honestly always just put them on delicate in washer/dryer with low heat and they always turned out fine, throughout my entire life. Unless it's a kind with fur that isn't super short- you should probably hand-wash those. You'll get a big rats nest of hair sometimes in the dryer haha. In my experience, it's not too dangerous to put stuffies in the wash. I have to admit though.. I do get nervous when any have to go in, no matter how many times I've put stuffies in before. I end up checking constantly, also because I am impatient.  :D

I think I went on a bit of a ramble? Hehe oops.  ^_^

SQUISHABLES!!! I have a few of these and I love them sooooo much. LOOK AT THEM and have fun picking out your favorites!

https://squishable.com/

Also, Walgreens is SO SUPER GOOD at having stuffies that are on sale and a lot like the squishables kind. I have a penguin from there that is as big as a pillow and it's the best!

I don’t really own many studies tbh. I have one that my ex gave me when we were still together 3 years ago that hasn’t been washed in 2 years and 2 teddies I bought from a market stall a year and half ago I just hand washed when I first got them. Thrift shops are probably easier for finding stuffies on a budget but I think build a bear would be cool to as a treat

Most of my stuffies are from Goodwill. They seem to have a never-ending supply and I find a

lots of unbelievably adorable stuffies that need homes for the magical price of $1-$4. 

Other than that, it's whenever I see one I can't resist or, occasionally, online.

I just wash them in the washing machine, and dry them in the dryer lol.

I buy and get stuffies from just about anywhere! Though, I definitely seem to receive them more than purchase. Build a bear is my go to when I do though!

Guest ~*BabyDoll*~

I get mine from almost anywhere! I have some from Walmart, I have some from online, places in the mall(BoxLunch) and of course.. Build A Bear! Another good place(that not everyone can get) is in the claw machines! When I behave really good in the store, daddy will give me enough money for 2 times on the claw machine! However with that, you sometimes win, sometimes not! I have won 6 stuffy's from those machines! 

In terms of washing, I put some in the wash(the ones that say you can) and others I do more by hand!

It all depends on the stuffy!

If I get thriftshop plushies I check their tags first to make sure they’re going to be easy to clean. If they can’t be cleaned properly then they’re for “display only”.

I’m kooky about germs.

Internet (ebay and aliexpress) is a good place to search too.

I got all my stuffies from Disney World. One, I won in one of those games (they have carnival type games where you squirt the target, etc). I won three that way, but I only play with one of them because the other two kick up my allergies for some reason. The last, I got at a gift store at Disney.

Walmart is probably a great place to go.

Also good news- I heard Toys R Us is coming back, someone bought them. So maybe we can get stuffies there in the future, if/when they open more stores.