DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Primal play in ddlg?

Fatherofroses

Do you all think primal play has a place in a ddlg dynamic?

I am a primal hunter and have been so for as long as I remember. From what I can tell primal play and ddlg feel like nearly opposite styles.

So my question to everyone is:

Do you think primal play can coexist in a ddlg dynamic? And if you do, how do you reconcile the two styles?

• Like 1

I think it absolutely can, if you find someone else who is into it.

I know primal is something I enjoy, along side with pet play and other kinks. Some of the kinks I have are also far outside the "care giver , little " realm of things.

It's just all about communication and finding what works in your own dynamic.

There are no rules that say you cant be primial and a daddy Dom.

• Like 1

Guest QueenJellybean

absolutely! 

i'm not a little, but i definitely have small tendencies, 

and i'm a primal prey. 

i get along better with predators than "daddy types"

like blastie said above, it's all about communication, trust, and respect.

to a lot of littles or subs, nothing is hotter than the thrill of being chased.

you certainly aren't alone.

I can totally see it. It honestly really depends on the individuals involved and what they are comfortable with. I can see myself mixing little with primal while aggressively cuddling my partner.

Hi,

As everyone stated above I agree that it can be and there are really no limits or kinks that cannot be included in it. While it may not be the norm it is all subjective and is dependent upon the dynamic between you and your partner or partners. Everyone has different kinks and you should certainly explore them with your partner as long as it does not cross any "hard limits" that either of you may have. Often people in DDLG and even in vanilla relationships over think what kinks can be included in their relationships because it may or may not be outside of their certain dynamic. I have always thought that whatever works for your individual relationship and what fulfills you and your partner sexually, physically, and emotionally is the single most important thing, rather then if it fits into the DDLG box that we put ourselves in. 

Edge play is something I absolutely love as well as my partner and often she will get out of sub space (sub drop does happen as well for her) and into little space afterwards so it works for us. Again, everyone has a different dynamic in their relationship, explore it, have fun, and respect your partners limits.  

I like it a bit too and I don't see it as that opposite to being a little. If you like it and your partner likes it, then it shouldn't be a problem!

You could just be like "daddy is coming to get you!!! rawr!!!" and then tackle your little in a big hug!

• Like 2

I like it a bit too and I don't see it as that opposite to being a little. If you like it and your partner likes it, then it shouldn't be a problem!

You could just be like "daddy is coming to get you!!! rawr!!!" and then tackle your little in a big hug!

you know that actually sounds really fun. The more I think about Primal play in relation to ddlg the more I realize they have a quite a few similarities

Guest LostCaterpillar

you know that actually sounds really fun. The more I think about Primal play in relation to ddlg the more I realize they have a quite a few similarities

I like the idea of a rabbit and wolf dynamic 3: like being hunted and running away only to be coddled(or more winkwonk) by an animalistic dom, and I feel that form of bunny aspect fits very well with DDlg!

Guest QueenJellybean

I like the idea of a rabbit and wolf dynamic 3: like being hunted and running away only to be coddled(or more winkwonk) by an animalistic dom, and I feel that form of bunny aspect fits very well with DDlg!

i identify as a wild bunny for this exact reason! primal play is a big part of my dynamic with my Dominant, and the thrill of the chase, being hunted or stalked, the eventual capture and conquering is very hot to me.

The Giant and I used to have this game, heh. we haven't done it in a while, but we should soon. we would go to a store, a big one ideally, and i'd run away.

hide among the shelves, duck around aisles, trying to find him. we'd lock eyes from across the room and i'd bolt, trying to not draw attention to myself, heart pumping, trying to stay ahead of him. he'd always find me, so easily and casually too, but when we got back in the car, we'd both be breathing hard, ha. 

that shit's my jam.

i identify as a wild bunny for this exact reason! primal play is a big part of my dynamic with my Dominant, and the thrill of the chase, being hunted or stalked, the eventual capture and conquering is very hot to me.

The Giant and I used to have this game, heh. we haven't done it in a while, but we should soon. we would go to a store, a big one ideally, and i'd run away.

hide among the shelves, duck around aisles, trying to find him. we'd lock eyes from across the room and i'd bolt, trying to not draw attention to myself, heart pumping, trying to stay ahead of him. he'd always find me, so easily and casually too, but when we got back in the car, we'd both be breathing hard, ha. 

that shit's my jam.

That sounds like my first experience with my more Primal side. I was playing tag with a girl in high school in a department store and the rush of the chase was best described as intoxicating

• 2 weeks later...

I'm primal and little with a Primal Daddy, I would say they definitely connect. DDlg(in my experience) are for people who are connected  strongly with their primary senses...touch, smell, taste, see and hear. That is what primals are, people who act and choose to stay as close as possible to their primary senses. The way primals and people in the care giving dynamic express that, can be different. But, they can definitely co-exist. They do in mine and quite happily coincide within our dynamic.

There's definitely something enticing about engaging in that primal, almost animalistic side. It's liberating. One can shed all the worries of the day and just exist in that space. There's nothing but the hunt, the capture, the conquest, your senses and you. Nothing keeping you from taking, receiving or giving.