26 replies to this topic

#21 Littlest_Bee

Littlest_Bee

Little

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 395 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:59 PM

Right so my point was, if he's not bi, then he would get nothing out of you being with another man, therefore he wouldn't be able to argue that you're only doing it for him and not yourself. Does that make sense?

Okay, so I hope I'm not overstepping when I say this but I'm pretty sure there's a kink where some people get off on their partner getting it on with other people and that it's a thing that has nothing to do with someone's sexuality. So, I have a lot of difficulty to follow your train of thought there because people are just very different from each other sometimes and you seem to not recognise that at some points of your argumentation.

I mean, maybe you're projecting a bit too much here?

The thing is - you probably do not know either the OP or her daddy.
    Of course we all filter information through our own experiences. So, I'm sorry your experiences have lead you to jump to these conclusions. I'm sure you are trying your best to give good, solid advice. I'm just a bit baffled by the nature of that advice.
    (To be fair not the first and probably not the last time I feel that way.)

((Edit: this post was edited because I wanted to remove it but then it already got replied to so I put my copy of the original post I did back in))

Edited by Littlest_Bee, 08 May 2019 - 07:22 PM.

Be careful with your words. They can only be forgiven not forgotten.

#22 Daddy-Tom

Daddy-Tom

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 434 posts
    • LocationNorthwest CT

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:02 PM

I'm suggesting the dude is jealous. Imo, if OP keeps insisting she wants to be with other people and her partner keeps refusing, he does not want her to be poly and it's about him, not her. He should trust that she's telling him the truth if she repeatedly states something and her reasoning.

#23 Littlest_Bee

Littlest_Bee

Little

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 395 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:08 PM

You kind of seem to overlook that he has a background where he was poly and he agreed on a monogamous relationship with her because of her jealousy and now he thinks that her wanting to open the relationship might be motivated by her wanting to please him
    • Little.Pet.Kate likes this
    Be careful with your words. They can only be forgiven not forgotten.

#24 Daddy-Tom

Daddy-Tom

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 434 posts
    • LocationNorthwest CT

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:12 PM

I apologize profusely if I have offended. Maybe I am projecting, but I promise I'm trying to help. I tend to automatically take the side of the OP and don't really give their partner the benefit of the doubt because I instinctively side with the person asking for help. OP, it could very well be as you believe, that your partner truly believes that you're only wanting to try being polyamorous because he is. But if you keep telling him it's something you want to try and he tries to forbid it... it's not the best sign, you know? Again I'm sorry for any upset I've caused.

#25 Little.Pet.Kate

Little.Pet.Kate

His Bratty Princess

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 57 posts
    • LocationLittle Space (East USA)

Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:22 PM

I apologize profusely if I have offended. Maybe I am projecting, but I promise I'm trying to help. I tend to automatically take the side of the OP and don't really give their partner the benefit of the doubt because I instinctively side with the person asking for help. OP, it could very well be as you believe, that your partner truly believes that you're only wanting to try being polyamorous because he is. But if you keep telling him it's something you want to try and he tries to forbid it... it's not the best sign, you know? Again I'm sorry for any upset I've caused.

Its alright. Just made me real upset cause you ignored the fact that I never told him why I wanted to try poly and you assumed him to be a bad person right off the bat. 

πŸ’œπŸ¦„Stay Kawaii and Love YourselfπŸ¦„πŸ’œ

~Kate~

#26 AlissaMai

AlissaMai

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:54 PM

I cant talk about it with him.. he thinks im doing it just for his happiness.

#27 AlissaMai

AlissaMai

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:56 PM

I think you need to. I’m in the same place as your daddy, I’m polyamorus and my boyfriend was not. If he told me he would try it I would think he’s doing it just for me. But that’s why you need to talk to him. Make him understand. He loves you and if you really do love him and this girl at the same time you most likely is poliamory like him and you both just need to figure out how to make this work. Conversation is always the key.
    • Little.Pet.Kate likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: little, poly, mono, confused, daddy, polyamorous, monogamous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users