DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

furniture

milkyrose

hewwo, this is my first post here!

i recently moved in with my boyfriend and i have an extra room i want to make into my little room... i'm having a bit of trouble looking for furniture to decorate it, though. ;;

mostly, i want a cute little table, some of those foamy mat thingies so i can have a corner for plushies... but i'm not sure where to look!

where do you guys buy your little room furniture?

The foam mats are a good idea, I bought some recently. You can easily buy them online for a cheap price (amazon had some bulk packs on sale) and even stores like B&Q if you have that :) good luck finding the furniture you want :)

Edited by LilacBaby

I would look in IKEA too, they have fun kid sections to look through! i love the canopies they have for beds, that would be a dream to have... but they don't get new things often, so if you aren't happy with the themes they offer i agree that amazon is the place to look. 

remember to read reviews and be careful of the measurements!

please show us pictures when you finish <3 i would love to see someone's little room!!

You could also check thrift and resale stores for wooden furniture and then paint it yourself with whatever designs you'd like if you're artsy enough. Sometimes you can even find stuff that somebody else has already painted!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

i recommend pinterest and there’s also a buzzfeed AI quiz that generates your dream house aesthetic with a really good description of the furniture included. just be sure to put your aesthetic as agere or ddlg, and it will give you the right results :3 i think anything sparkly or pastel colors looks good, fabrics like tulle, taffeta, silk, and fleece are key. also i recommend a net to keep plushies in as it can make clean up time nice and easy and it’s often something that looks good with the room setting if you do colors that fit with the color scheme :) ik me personally i’m a big fan of hello kitty and sailor moon, as well as 1950s vintage princess babydoll decor. you can find lots of inspo on pinterest if you search for “kawaii room” “babydoll room” and “agere room” too. common themes are:

soft and round edges

geometric shapes

pastel colors

ducks, dinos, baby animals

little entertainment set up areas (ball pit, cubby library, music players, bunk bed, toy storage, etc)

fuzzy or glittery decor

andddd my personal fav

a little glam station: fit for all your dress up needs where you can put your little accessories, makeups, nail polishes, and secret sweet treats to hide from your Dom (i like to hide them in snack tupperware or in my overalls pockets ;) )

glitter n hugs!

- bee