DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Need a little help with gift

littemissJ

Hi everyone! 

hehe I need some help again! 

umm I meeting my daddy for the first time next month! Since we are in a LDR I want to leave a gift for him to remember me by... 

Any suggestions? 

Thank you!! 

Littlemisspiggy  :wub:

$100 is usually the meta for any gift that needs to be bestowed unless its a wedding or a funeral. 

$100 is usually the meta for any gift that needs to be bestowed unless its a wedding or a funeral. 

What? I've never heard this. Do you mean giving someone $100 or buying a gift worth $100? I know I can't afford $100 gifts - $30-$40 is the most I can do normally. And giving your significant other cash doesn't strike me as the best idea for a gift, unless they're destitute and you're helping them out of debt/paying their bills.

hehe I need some help again! 

umm I meeting my daddy for the first time next month! Since we are in a LDR I want to leave a gift for him to remember me by... 

Any suggestions? 

I would recommend making something handmade if you're crafty. It would probably mean more than anything you could buy. If you have to buy something, think of something he really likes and get him something related to that. If he's romantic, get him a book of romantic poems. If he loves cars, get him something to hang in his car. If he loves fishing, get him a stuffed animal fish.

• Like 1

Nobody will turn down a $100 bill or $100 gift

Actually you are wrong there. There is no way I would let someone give me $100 or a gift that cost that especially on a first meeting.

• Like 1

Go with something that means something to you personally. Maybe a small stuffie or something that you care about that he can keep with him. Something he can see when he gets home from work so he feels your presence.

I have a key chain my girl gave me and its awesome because I drive a lot so I almost always have it with me.

I have several things she has given me since we met and they all mean more to me than anything I have bought myself.

On the gift front, it's less about cost and more about giving something that is heart felt and better yet that shows you know your partner. My Daddy gave me a little heart dog tag that says "Daddy's little girl", I have it on my keychain everywhere I go. I also gave him a couple little engraved tags for my play collar that he can interchange based on his mood.

The secret to gift giving is showing your partner you know them and care. People may give good ideas but only you really know your partner. Why given them a generic gift suggestion from strangers on the Internet when you can use your knowledge of you partner and imagination and give them something meaningful to the two of you?

Little kaiya

Edited by Little kaiya
  • Like 1

Agreed,something personal and from the heart is the best gift a little can give. How about a crayon drawing of a unicorn?

Does he like getting drawings or coloured pictures? Does he like unicorns or is there another animal he might prefer. Does he have his own home where he can put it up, say on the fridge, or will it go in a drawer?

Only you know your partner and the answers to these types of questions. Think about your relationship and go from there.

Little kaiya

How about a coffee mug decorated with photos or drawings of yours? You can easily make one on shutterfly. Check out etsy too, you can find a lot of different things you can personalize. I bought my Daddy a personalized moneyclip from a shop there.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!!!   :wub:

I looking at cute couples key chain atm and thinking about engraving our names on it ^_^