5 replies to this topic

#1 Kittenprincessxo

Kittenprincessxo

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 13 posts
    • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:25 PM

I know there's no "wrong way" of being little or middle (idk, I'm not sure what I am).

But I just always have felt like I'm not enough. This has nothing to do with my caregiver. He tries so hard to convince me that I am enough, but I can never believe it myself.

I've always struggled with low self esteem. I don't think there's ever been a time in my life when I have felt okay with myself.

I can never see myself as enough and I don't think I will. It scares me, but I don't think I'll ever be comfortable with myself

• Brother Bear likes this

🌻always tired🌻

#2 Daddy-Tom

Daddy-Tom

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 433 posts
    • LocationNorthwest CT

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:41 PM

Have you sought professional help?
    • LittleTeacup likes this

#3 LittleTeacup

LittleTeacup

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 466 posts
    • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:11 PM

To go along with professional help, or if you can't afford it, two recommendations:

Say "no matter what, I wholeheartedly love and accept myself" several times a day, facing a mirror if possible. 

Before you go to bed, write down (maybe with your caregiver) at least 3 things you're grateful for that day.

We support you here. :)

• Brother Bear likes this

Big age: 28

Little age: 5-7

Children don't worry what they look like to others. They are 100% themselves. When we get older, we learn to fit in society by submerging those parts of ourselves that our culture looks down on. We don't want to be rejected by our parents. We don't want to be rejected by our peers. Growing up may include re-embracing ourselves even if we must stand alone.

Thank you for being here as I re-embrace the Self I'm meant to be.

(Note: I'm not looking for a caregiver right now. Please don't ask.)

#4 LittleSnowiii

LittleSnowiii

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 240 posts
    • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:16 PM

This isn't a little problem. Is an overal problem.

Until you fix your self esteem, your little self won't be what you want. And that's ok! Because these things take time :)

The first thing you can do is talk to yourself , like you would do your best friend. Be your bestie, you know? Alot of positive self talk, self love. 

Be yourself 100%. 

From there baby steps, and if possible some therapy. 

Wish you the best of luck!

• Kittenprincessxo and brattynsweet like this

Snowiii. 24. Portugal.

Petite potato. Introvert.

Spoiled princess.

tumblr_nlq59iyjKb1qkz08qo4_540.gif

#5 brattynsweet

brattynsweet

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 26 posts
    • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:18 AM

I know there's no "wrong way" of being little or middle (idk, I'm not sure what I am).
    But I just always have felt like I'm not enough. This has nothing to do with my caregiver. He tries so hard to convince me that I am enough, but I can never believe it myself.
    I've always struggled with low self esteem. I don't think there's ever been a time in my life when I have felt okay with myself.
    I can never see myself as enough and I don't think I will. It scares me, but I don't think I'll ever be comfortable with myself

I feel exactly the same. I wish I could give you advice, but I'm also struggling.

#6 Nymph

Nymph

little bimbo

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 231 posts
    • Locationnear San Diego

Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:28 AM

Hmm the tricky part of this is that if your CG tries to hard to help you, if you are not ready for it it will just feel like a slap to the face reminding you how "lacking" you are. Praise such as saying you are beautiful translates to "you are just taking pity because I am so ugly and you are trying to be nice".

At least you are aware this is not your CG problem and you do realize it is low self esteem and not this absolute truth that you can't do anything about.

Perhaps a good step would be to pay more attention who exactly are you comparing yourself with. Ask yourself what, in your view is actually enough and why can't you never get there?

Sometimes it's good to not feel too comfortable with who you are because it pushes you to work harder and better yourself, but if you are just drowning in self pity then it's stopping you from enjoying life and that is a serious problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rant, dont worry lol, just being dumb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users