DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

rp!

minty☆

hey everyone!

so ... i've always loved making characters and writing, which is essentially rp in a nutshell.   :D   the old place i used to frequent to rp has been dwindling, but every once in awhile my writing muse pops up in full force and now i have no one to unleash it on!

is there anyone here interested? i was thinking if there are multiple people, i could start a thread on here for everyone after we decide a theme/setting. 

I’m interested!

I don’t have TOO much free time, but I always find myself daydreaming up stories haha

If this does happen, I would like to join c:

Edited by little-luna

Hey guys! Love the idea for an RP group. Think it could be fun and super creative, however I don’t think the Forum is the best platform for it because of the way it works and user friendliness. You want somewhere where say instant chat is an option. However I think if you made a Skype or Discord group where you could approve people and have separate rooms for different types of RP I really think it could be fun.

oh, really? i figured it'd be no different than any of the other "game" types of threads in the general section of the forum..just one single thread here where people can jump in if they wanted to write together. i was trying to avoid having to arrange things offsite. i'm a pretty big fan of doing it forum-style vs chat just because people are able to post when it's convenient for them instead of having to do it asap  :) 

Edited by minty☆

yay! i had a feeling there would be a few people interested.

do you guys have any sort of preferred setting? modern, fantasy, both? etc..!

i honestly dont have any preference, it can be anything ^-^ 

oh, really? i figured it'd be no different than any of the other "game" types of threads in the general section of the forum..just one single thread here where people can jump in if they wanted to write together. i was trying to avoid having to arrange things offsite. i'm a pretty big fan of doing it forum-style vs chat just because people are able to post when it's convenient for them instead of having to do it asap  :) 

I don’t have a preference either! I can adapt usually c:

Also I agree with the forum-style RP. It gives a chance to actually write and not use asterisks for an action lol.

(Chat RP, to me, is more light hearted and quick worded)

• Like 2

I don’t have a preference either! I can adapt usually c:

Also I agree with the forum-style RP. It gives a chance to actually write and not use asterisks for an action lol.

(Chat RP, to me, is more light hearted and quick worded)

i agree big time, chat rps stress me with the whole "oh i know they sent this, i have to reply back immediately or they will leave!" 

i feel like with doing it on forum it will slide easier for me i guess?

• Like 1

yesss! glad you guys agree. :) it's also helpful with people in different time zones, because they can post whenever they happen to be up and about! i usually tend to post at LEAST a couple of paragraphs (unless the muse really gets goin', then watch out!) - and there's not a whole lot of people that want to read through eloquent writing in chat rp.

assuming it's okay with the mods, i'll think up something to get us all started and make a separate thread here for the actual rp where you guys can jump in. i figure we can keep this thread to discuss things OOC, or post characters and such (if you guys want to!)  no pressure to reply right away either once it gets started - take your time! not everyone can jump on here everyday, and i totally get that.  real life comes first!

i'm thinking for setting, i'll go with modern-fantasy, so we can include anyone who might want to make a non-human character, if there's anyone.   :D  we'll go with the usual other-things-exist-out-there-but-humans-don't-know-about-them type of thing, like harry potter or supernatural or vampire diaries, etc.

• Like 1

assuming it's okay with the mods, i'll think up something to get us all started and make a separate thread here for the actual rp where you guys can jump in. i figure we can keep this thread to discuss things OOC, or post characters and such (if you guys want to!)  no pressure to reply right away either once it gets started - take your time! not everyone can jump on here everyday, and i totally get that.  real life comes first!

i'm thinking for setting, i'll go with modern-fantasy, so we can include anyone who might want to make a non-human character, if there's anyone.   :D  we'll go with the usual other-things-exist-out-there-but-humans-don't-know-about-them type of thing, like harry potter or supernatural or vampire diaries, etc.

i like how that sounds. so when we make the new thread and link this thread in so people can hop onto this to say that they're joining and what their character will be! 

okay, i like how that sounds! very open so people can join in if they want to be apart of it . 

• Like 1