Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 54 posts
    • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:14 PM

It's called "Take Your Trance Off."  :p :D

Took me about 2.5 months to complete.

If you get an urge to dance then don't fight it!

• Kaori, LittleCinder and Le Grumpire like this

#2 Le Grumpire

Le Grumpire

That's my secret Cap, I'm always grumpy.

• Members
    • Pip
    • 7 posts
    • LocationVirginia

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:40 PM

This sounds more like House/Techno my dude, Trance usually runs at 140 BPM and has a running bass instead of that phat meaty moog. If you use FL Studio and used a lot of the VSX 303 synths, then they were done quite well. The only issues I see with it, is that I don't think or feel like certain things were sidechained, and around the 1 minute mark the chord leads sounds a little jarring in the mix. Perhaps compress it and see if you can fit it in the High/Med frequencies so it mixes better? Other than that, sounds good. 

#3 Big_daddy

Big_daddy

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 54 posts
    • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:53 PM

Hi Le Grumpire, trance is a very loosely defined genre of music that is quite open to interpretation.  At it's core, trance is just music that has a kick on each beat (also known as four-on-the-floor), a snare on every other beat, and a hihat on the off beat.  You build up and down other sounds around this core idea.

Wikipedia says this about trance music: "Trance music is characterized by a tempo lying between 110–150 bpm (BPM),[6] repeating melodic phrases[6] and a musical form that distinctly builds tension and elements throughout a track often culminating in 1 to 2 "peaks" or "drops".[6] Although trance is a genre of its own, it liberally incorporates influences from other musical styles such as techno,[4][2]house,[1][2]pop,[4]chill-out,[4]classical music,[4][5]tech house, ambient and film music."

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Trance_music

Regarding your other comments, I sidechained when needed.  Perhaps you're used to other tracks where the producers sidechain heavily and make it super obvious?   I sometimes don't like to do that.  Just depends on the track. 

Edited by Big_daddy, 27 March 2020 - 01:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users