DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Independent Littles Making Their Own Rules, Chores, etc.

Guest fhihfidhfd38478

Guest fhihfidhfd38478

Hey guys!

I'm a fairly independent little - I do my own chores, I do homework unprompted, I take care of myself. I am in a relationship, but my partner's mental health isn't always high enough to fully play with me in the level that I'd like, and I understand. Although I'm admittedly a brat, I still like structure and it's been hard for me to set up my own rules and rewards. I go to school online and like everyone else, am staying home a lot more, which limits my possible rewards. I'm also monitoring my own health, so I don't like to reward myself with food.

Do single or otherwise independent littles have any advice or experience? Do any Dominants have any input on things they think would be helpful? 

Update: I've decided to pick up Habitica again! My username is yesdanithemani if anyone wants to join my party! <3

Edited by yesdanithemani

Guest Bellayesil
I reward myself too. Like I try a new mask for my face hands or feet. Or I'm not having play time until it's all done but tbh usually food or cheap but pretty clothing/toys

Guest fhihfidhfd38478

I reward myself too. Like I try a new mask for my face hands or feet. Or I'm not having play time until it's all done but tbh usually food or cheap but pretty clothing/toys

Thank you for the suggestion! I've thought about things like after so many stars/points, I get to spend so much here. I know one rule I need to implement is no play time before homework is done.

I used to have a cute backpack that I filled gradually with random little items.

I used a point system. Certain chores are worth more points depending on difficulty/grossness.

And rather than measuring value of the reward items by actual price, I valued them by how excited I was about them xD

And then would try and rake up enough points to finally be in possession of the thing.

I kept track of it in a small journal. If anyone lives with fam, lockable journals can be a good place to keep your chore/rules/reward ledger lol

And points are subtracted for not completing tasks due to laziness.

You could use pretty buttons in a money box or jar to count your points too. That’s not really that suspicious (sry, always thinking of secret littles too lol)

• Like 1

I don't have a points system or anything like that. I'm a housewife so the family/house would fall apart if I didn't take care of my responsibilities lol. With that I have no need to track my progress or anything like that. But! I do get an allowance so once a month I'll give myself a budget from that for rewards. I really like getting books and crafts/projects. Last month I got a couple of new books and this month I got supplies so I could make a fireplace and decorate it for halloween (which turned out SUPER good btw)! Using rewards for things to do is really good because I can't take myself to a movie once in a while or whatever else instead anymore, and that helps to fill free time so I don't have to be bored at home forever. If there isn't anything in particular that I want to read or do I'll go to a store and just buy whatever I want (I really like the dollar store and my local thrift shop because I can buy LOTS of things in one go). Sometimes I'll get a special lunch delivered to the house or hit up Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts for a small treat. There's lots of things you can do to reward yourself, it's just a matter of finding out what you'd like. Before I had an allowance every month because money was tight I had a sticker chart and I was thrilled to just give myself pretty stickers for my completed tasks :lol:

Edit: I've also heard of a task management app called Habitica (or something like that) where you enter your tasks and you get points for marking them as completed. Once you have enough points you get to play the game part and use your points to defeat monsters. Something like that. Check out apps like that and see if there's something you like for helping you manage your tasks!

Edited by RavenclawPrincess
  • Like 1

Guest Dandy Blob

Following this! I have actually been meaning to make a post about pretty much the same thing...woot! Though I am not very independent as little, but trying to be.

I love what Ravenclaw Princess said! I am responsible for myself too when it comes to getting stuff done, and getting rewarded. I love all of the ideas RP posted! I also use a chore app called Our Home. You can set yourself a due date for tasks, how many minutes to do a thing, how many points you earn, rewards, and late penalties. You can create your own custom tasks too! So if you struggle with self care, or having down time, you could even put "naptime" as a task! :)

I'm not in this situation but if you're into gaming or want a free way to reward yourself there's a cool game called Habitica that you earn things in the game for accomplishing tasks. I've heard there are others apps like this but I don't recall them by name. You can even participate in it with friends if other littles wanted to group up and play it together!

Link (SFW): https://habitica.com/static/home

Good rewards: things that need to be opened, like McDonald's toys or trading card packs. You can keep a bunch on hand and open them when you feel you've earned it.

Guest fhihfidhfd38478

Good rewards: things that need to be opened, like McDonald's toys or trading card packs. You can keep a bunch on hand and open them when you feel you've earned it.

That's a good idea! My biggest worry is that when I get my points nothing I want will be on sale. I may be little, but I'm a cheapskate!

• Like 1

You could put up a white board with daily tasks to be done and reward yourself when all the tasks are complete. Or you can use a points system. Harder tasks acquire more points, but not doing a chore or task you set for the day subtracts points. Write down each reward and give it a point value. At the end of the week, you can spend the points you've earned on rewards.

The rewards don't always have to cost money either! I like rewarding myself with things like staying up past my bed time, watching a movie I want to see, going to the zoo, extra game or leisure computer time, skipping chores for a day, making a blanket fort with all your stuffies, etc. I also like small things like new stickers, dollar store items, and little activities or games.

This is something I've tried to work with. I have always been a fairly independent girl, but I sometimes need that push and encouragement from someone. I like to rerward myself with things, but the thing is that I reward myself too much then. I might have to try the point system.