DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Trouble finding a little age?

Dollie Darling

I've looked up a lot of things and non of it actually seems to be aiding, so I was hoping to turn to the community for help. (Since I'm still very new to this-)

My age is 27 (about to be 28) and I have a lot of quite big things to do in my day to day life (like lots of littles and middles out there!)

I am still having trouble telling where I fall on the ' Little age ' Scale.

I enjoy a lot of ' Middle ' things, like makeup, getting a nice manicure, shopping, clothing and cooking and cleaning etc; general house work things. Things like rock music, horror movies, Five Nights at Freddy's and adult swim and those kind of ' bigger ' shows. 

But I also really love soft blankies, stuffed animals (I actually have too many) Hello Kitty, My Little pony, my deco pacis and their cutie clips, my sippy cups/bottles, using the cutsie speak at my Daddies, and coloring.

I don't really know how to find my age with this all, which I think would help me communicate with people better.

Any advice?

You don't have to be one age, you can have multiple. My little ages are 2-4 but there are times that I go younger. You don't have to be just a little or just a middle, you can be both if that's who you are. Just do whatever you feel in the moment, if you feel little than be little, if you feel more middle than be middle. There is no right or wrong way, just do what you enjoy.

I hope this helps a little bit!

• Like 1

You don't have to be one age, you can have multiple. My little ages are 2-4 but there are times that I go younger. You don't have to be just a little or just a middle, you can be both if that's who you are. Just do whatever you feel in the moment, if you feel little than be little, if you feel more middle than be middle. There is no right or wrong way, just do what you enjoy.

I hope this helps a little bit!

Ohmigosh!

I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULD HAVE MULTIPLE O o O!!! This makes things very different, so yes that was very helpful!

I know there is no right or wrong ( as long as people aren't being hurt of course) but there is just so much to learn-. 

Ohmigosh!

I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULD HAVE MULTIPLE O o O!!! This makes things very different, so yes that was very helpful!

I know there is no right or wrong ( as long as people aren't being hurt of course) but there is just so much to learn-. 

I know what you mean! It takes time but even then you still learn something new everyday! I personally LOVE this forum for useful information!

If you have any other questions or anything feel free to ask! I'm glad I could be of help!

• Like 1

I haven't actually settled on a little age or age range. I just do what feels right to me. I have looked through multiple guides but honestly never felt comfortable settling on an age as I did not feel it was necessary nor did I want to feel pressure to act certain ways. 

• Like 1

Hi I understand how you feel. I was also confused at first because sometimes I felt closer to 7-8 but I also like pacis/bottles so it confused me a bit. I ended up identifying with an age range of 4-8 but that's only what I identify with tge most and so that's what I tell people if they ask. But I like some baby stuff too and definitely middle stuff. I just don't limit myself to that age range. For me being a little is just a label to explain it better to people I guess. But I was this way before finding out there was a name for it so I just keep doing whatever I enjoy (apart from my big things )

Hi there! I too feel like it is hard to find the right little age to identify with, but I've also found a lot of comfort in just being little and not caring what age I might be exhibiting.

Now if someone were to perhaps ask me directly what my little age is I would say it ranges from 2 to 10 roughly. But even then I would feel weird to put myself in a specific box/category of what my little space is. 

I just regress and have my little space and if someone wants to make their own judgment off of how I act or what I say etc., than that is fine and is totally on them for it. 

Being a little and in little space for me has always just been that time I have to myself to be in a space where time doesn't matter, and all the stressful adult worries of life just slowly fade for a short while, and I can be my true self uninterrupted. 

What I'm trying to say from all of this is just remember to just be yourself, follow your heart and your gut and do what you think is right for you and your little space!  :heart:

• Like 2

I wanted to thank everyone who's responded to this!

I find that this is actually the most helpful this has been! Thinking about not putting a label on things makes it oddly more comfortable, but I wasn't sure if that was an option as well as not knowing there could be multiple ages! I'm not working to explore myself again with all of this information added to the pool!

You could have two (or more) different headspaces, like a little and a middle, or you could decide on one age, if you want an age. When picking out mine, I focused on how I want to be treated/seen by those around me when I'm in the little headspace. I chose the older age out of all the factors for me (8) because I want to be treated like I'm as capable as any 8-year-old even if I like some stuff that's more fitting for 3-5. Choosing how you want to be treated can greatly impact your headspace, for better or for worse. It can be completely validating or can completely bring you out of it. If I'm treated too little, I just feel insulted.

Guest littleneverland

everyone has all given such good advice already ^-^ personally i give an age range where i could be all the ages at once or younger/older. when i say all the ages at once i mean all the associated characteristics like i could be small enough to need my dummy/paci and a teddy but also simultaneously big enough to be enjoying a middle grade novel rather than a picture book. even then it isn’t perfect, i just give the age range i feel most connected to. you’re little age can even be as big as 2-11! so long as you’re happy and it feels right for you <3