DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Advice for making my Daddys day perfect

BabyygirlAurora

So i just want everyone to know that i  have an AMAZING Daddy. He is soo sweet and does everything for me and sacrifices alot for me. i decided that when i get my stimulus check that im gonna try 2 get him a PS5. My Daddy is very sick. He has blood cancer and is in pain constantly and i just want to do something for him. The advice that i want is I am wanting to make a whole day out of it. What do you think i should do? Im gonna get him the digital PS5 because thats what he said he wants and probably give him $100 or so to get games. What else should I do tho? Make dinner? Order Dinner(maybe go get Pizza King, it is his favorite)? Picnic? Make his Favorite Dessert? Color him a picture? Make him something? I just want to give him the best day ever and nothing feels like its not enough to show him how much i love him.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear about your daddy, sending positivity towards you and him. 

Honestly, if I were you I would have a multi-path of what you could do during the day and base it off of his energy levels. The last thing he will want to do is disappoint you by not being able to complete the day, but if he's absolutely exhausted due to treatments and what not you may also feel like the "perfect day" will never come. I'm a caregiver, so I can just vouche for how I've set up multi-linear dates for my babygirl, because some days are harder on her mental health.

Either way I'd start with food first, maybe a restaurant, its a good, low key activity to gauge how he's feeling long term being up and moving.

Some of our Favorite Good Day Ideas:

- Escape Room

- Museum / Exhibit 

- Botanical Garden

- Antique Hunting

- Build a Bear (idk your daddy but I can tell you I secretly love making her another stuffie)

- Other local attraction (check airbnb for your area, they've got some great ideas!)

If he doesn't feel up to anything along these lines, I'd just go ahead and take him to get the ps5 and head home, from there, just make the day about him. Snuggles, watch him play his games, colour him pictures while you watch, just be there for him. 

Edited by rcd_queen

I'm so sorry to hear about your daddy, sending positivity towards you and him. 

Honestly, if I were you I would have a multi-path of what you could do during the day and base it off of his energy levels. The last thing he will want to do is disappoint you by not being able to complete the day, but if he's absolutely exhausted due to treatments and what not you may also feel like the "perfect day" will never come. I'm a caregiver, so I can just vouche for how I've set up multi-linear dates for my babygirl, because some days are harder on her mental health.

Either way I'd start with food first, maybe a restaurant, its a good, low key activity to gauge how he's feeling long term being up and moving.

Some of our Favorite Good Day Ideas:

- Escape Room

- Museum / Exhibit 

- Botanical Garden

- Antique Hunting

- Build a Bear (idk your daddy but I can tell you I secretly love making her another stuffie)

- Other local attraction (check airbnb for your area, they've got some great ideas!)

If he doesn't feel up to anything along these lines, I'd just go ahead and take him to get the ps5 and head home, from there, just make the day about him. Snuggles, watch him play his games, colour him pictures while you watch, just be there for him. 

Thank u for your advice. He is not in treatment tho. His insurance wont pay for it and we cant afford it. So he doesnt get tired like that. An escape room might be a good idea tho cause he said he has been wanting to try that. Thank you  :heart:

Edited by BabyygirlAurora

Personally, cooking/feeding is my love language. So my suggestions will almost always be food-related!

Is there a special day or date that you could recreate? Maybe somewhere he's wanted to travel and you could do a themed day based on that? What are some things that are meaningful to you or to him? There are literally tens of thousands of ideas out there that vary based on weather, location, interests, are you looking to stay home or be active, etc. So maybe if you narrow down a tiny bit what you're looking for that might help? Also it's still very difficult to find PS5s (my DD has been looking for one for months), but hopefully you get lucky!