#1 PopeyeSky

PopeyeSky

PopeyeSky

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts
    • LocationPretoria, South Africa

Posted 30 April 2021 - 04:50 AM

Hi. I'm new here and as well to being classified as a middle.
    My Dom and I want to know, what is the difference between a caregiver and a Daddy?

#2 Vampiress

Vampiress

Rawr.

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 669 posts
    • LocationWashington state

Posted 30 April 2021 - 05:04 AM

To me Caregiver, Mommy, and Daddy are all the same thing. Caregiver is the more gender neutral term, however I've heard of female Caregivers being called Daddy. Have yet to hear of a male Caregiver being called Mommy, though.

La petite vampiress.

:heart: 

7c499b51b19754b6b194d7353129098fd8ddeb22

#3 NatQuakers

NatQuakers

Little, looking for friends/cg <3 :')

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts
    • LocationMaine, U.S

Posted 30 April 2021 - 08:31 AM

I guess "caregiver" is a more gender-neutral term, but yes a daddy is most likely a caregiver. When I think of daddy I think of caregiver, but some people who are in dom/sub relationships like to be called daddy sometimes as well. 

For me, I have a friend who age regresses and it isn't sexual/related to kink so they use the term carer or caregiver instead of daddy/mommy, but people who are into DDLG (daddy dom little girl) are caregivers if they call themselves daddy 99% of the time! So feel free to use both as a couple, theirs no "difference" per se, just some people who call themselves daddy might not be a caregiver. 

Hope that helped, best luck on your journey here!

-XO Your Local Little <3 

#4 LittlePupRune

LittlePupRune

Switch

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 296 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 30 April 2021 - 05:56 PM

Caregiver is a category or style of d-types. Its usually specific to a cg/l (caregiver/little) relationship. Daddy is a title that some people use, and it's often found in cg/l spaces, but can also be used outside cg/l spaces. It often carries the implication that that d-type is more focused on nurturing than some of the other aspects of being a d-type. But there's always exceptions to that rule as it can be very personal and open to interpretation.

~Rune (he/him)

#5 FlowersAndAPrincess

FlowersAndAPrincess

~Feeling Like A Garden~

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 10 posts
    • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 01 May 2021 - 06:51 AM

Caregiver is a gender neutral term (although there are definitely girls who prefer to be called Daddy then Mummy/Mommy so any of the words is up to preference) but caregiver tends to also be used massively in the age-re community (although Daddy/Mommy is also used).

I suppose what I mean to say it's what the category is, whereas Daddy is moreso a title. But then again caregiver could be a title in it's own right (but I also wouldnt look at someone and be like "come here caregiver" haha, but thats just me)

#6 PopeyeSky

PopeyeSky

PopeyeSky

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts
    • LocationPretoria, South Africa

Posted 02 May 2021 - 12:46 AM

Thank you for your reply's. We really appreciated all the information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users