DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

A Caregiver who needs a Little Help

blair.vvitch

Good Day Littles! 

I'm sure you're wondering why I've called you all here yes? Well, due to some unforeseen circumstances my Babygirl went from being very close distance to very far distance very quickly. We're adjusting well with the help of Skype, but not seeing each other is making us sad. What I've been doing is traveling the few hours to see her at least once a month but I've been putting together monthly boxes for her! However, we are now on month 4 and I'm starting to run out of ideas on things to put in said box to keep it fresh. I've gotten her the 500+ box of crayons, coloring books, snackies, stuffies, pacis, bottles, the works! 

What I need you for are some fun and fresh ideas to put in her box this month! This month is featuring a Moon Pal (opal for those curious) as well as a custom bow/paci/paci lanyard set from etsy... What else can I put in these to make her smile and feel closer during this unexpected event? Thank you!

• Like 1

Guest Account deleted

Hello ! :) Oh I love the monthly box concept, it's adorable!!

Here are some ideas… I hope this helps! :)

- Homemade coupons

- Nail polish

- Stickers

- Temporary tattoos

- Glitter gel pens

- Cute jigsaw puzzle

- Beads and thread

- Fidget toys

- Yo-yo

- Dot-to-dot magazine

- Highlights book of Hidden Pictures

- Paper toys book

- A girly pouch

- Cute socks

- Cute slippers

- Lip balm

- Plus Plus blocks tube

- Illustrated book

- Origami kit

- Mini arts and craft kits

- Scented candles

- Cute stationery set

- Washi tape

- Pop corn spices

- Play dough

• Like 4

I love sticker books and aqua beads if you haven't already tried those.

You can never have too many stuffies...

And what about some little themed clothing /accessories like hair bows and clips e.c.t

You could also put in a dvd type thing and make a movie night ticket to have an online date with her over video call

• Like 3

Wow, a lot of awesome suggestions from Crafty_Pink_Bee.

Additionally I would suggest something like a shirt that you've worn so it smells like you if you haven't done that already. Personally I prefer something that makes me feel very small if I put it on myself for being enveloped by the smell of security.

Maybe you could also play something online like skribbl.io though that can't go into a box. But it can really enhance a Skype call to play something together.

•more snacks? (try out new ones or make sure to include her favourites)

•a mug with a customized picture

•a photo puzzle (photo of you)

•a recording of your voice e.g. telling a story or singing for her you could even get her a tonie box for that. (https://us.tonies.com/) it's possible to buy stories or songs but it's also possible to record something yourself

•a "movie box" with popcorn and stuff, set up a stream you can watch together or simply put a DVD/Blu-Ray/whatever in the box

•cute pajamas

•hair accessories

•a cute journal to write in

•a "worry monster" (you could craft one yourself if you want to make it extra special)

Edit: it clearly took me too long to post my list, Jessie<3

Edited by Littlest_Bee
  • Like 3

Guest Teasing Tink

I second the DVD idea, as well as cute clothing because it's light weight/easy to ship and I feel like you can never have too much clothing either. You can even find cute clothes and toys/plush by thrifting if you want to be more sustainable about it. Five Below also has a lot of fun items I think a lot of littles would like if you're looking for inspiration. It depends what she's into.

Only other thing I could think of was those tiny mystery toys cuz I think those are fun. They have different themed ones such as Disney cats. I think Silly Putty is always fun too (much like Play Dough) or like, mini snow globes, jewelry, fun card games or anything you can fit in the box.

I dunno if she likes dolls, but if so, there's Polly Pocket and mini Cupcake Dolls, I think.

You can write her specific letters for each box to make it special too. Or you can make a riddle/puzzle for each box that by the time she collects all the pieces/clues from each box, she can solve the puzzle. Or it can be individual puzzles like make her your own crossword puzzle, word search, mad libs etc. for each box using things that are personal to your relationship.

Edited by Teasing Tink
  • Like 4

This is cute! I'd like to add some ideas from a CG perspective if you don't mind.

• Recipe with all the ingredients so you can cook together, or if it's a cookie recipe, tell her she can have a cookie only if she makes it!
  • Shirt you've worn so it smells like you, or a well-used pillow case
  • Handwritten letter or maybe even a story you wrote that she can only read one paragraph/page/chapter a night to make it last

I tend to pick up things throughout the month that remind me of my Little. Or sometimes he'll mention something he doesn't have/need and I'll look for it to send.

I try to make the boxes I send to my far away Little a mix of fun and health or hobby related stuff, for example:

• Toothbrush
  • Floss picks
  • Q-Tips
  • First Aid Kit
  • Ramen (yes, really!)
  • Ziploc bags (for snackies on the go!  :lol: )
  • Home-made treats (cookies mainly, but once a pumpkin bread that got moldy by the time it got to him  :( )
  • Gummy vitamins
  • Matching set of PJ's to mine

And to go along with what Littlest_Bee posted, a USB with video clips possible ideas of:

• You reading her a story like you would for storytime
  • Just talking to her
  • Showing her how to do a recipe
  • Doing a task you usually do together so she can play it while she does the same task and feel like you're together (eg: brushing teeth, folding laundry, going for walk, etc.)

I'm also wondering, did you tell her that you'll be sending her a monthly box? Or you're just aiming to send one monthly? I find it's usually more enjoyable for my Little when it's a surprise and it could put a lot of pressure on you if you'll be LDR for a stretch of time.

Oh and *high five* on using Skype! I feel like no one uses it anymore but I pretty much use it exclusively with my Little and I love it. The different reaction options and being able to take screenshots and do recordings are great. Though I guess one thing I am grateful for about not many people using it now, is that I don't have to worry about 'hiding' from other people when I log-in.  :lol:

• Like 4

Guest Account deleted

Wow, a lot of awesome suggestions from Crafty_Pink_Bee.

Additionally I would suggest something like a shirt that you've worn so it smells like you if you haven't done that already. 

(...)

•a cute journal to write in

•a "worry monster" (you could craft one yourself if you want to make it extra special)

(...)

Well first, thank you very much!  ^_^:heart:

And then OF COURSE!!! The shirt!  :D That's an excellent idea!

I can't believe I forgot the journal.. Tsss. I do have a special Little Journal and I love it so much. I'm glad you suggested it.

I've been wanting a Worry Monster for a long time.. Do you have one? Do you find it helpful?

xxx - Bee

Hi Bee,

thank you right back. ^_^

I do not have a worry monster yet but I've often looked at and admired them. Several friends of mine do have one. I sort of keep a worry journal but I've been working on finding the perfect materials to craft a worry monster (it's been difficult with the pandemic). I want mine to have different textures. A very fluffy tummy, a more silky back - planning everything is a work in progress. But fun.

Hi!

Just a few ideas, there are loads so far!!

* Activity pack, ie word searches, two pictures and circle the differences etc

* sticker/mosaic pack

* scratch art pack

* lego small pack

* small paint pack where you get paint set and the colouring book

* book that you both have and you read together every so often

* bookmark, or stuff for her to make a bookmark

* cute pin badge (if it's safe of course)

* a photo of you both in a cute frame (if your able to do this)

* skipping rope

Good luck this is a fab idea, your going to have one very happy little finding out all these different ideas for your box.

• Like 2

Guest Account deleted

(...) I've been working on finding the perfect materials to craft a worry monster (it's been difficult with the pandemic). I want mine to have different textures. A very fluffy tummy, a more silky back - planning everything is a work in progress. But fun.

Oooh!  :o What a GREAT idea Littlest_Bee !! It's going to be even more special!!

To be able to plan and create something like that..! I envy you and I do hope you will share your creation!

ARFFF. I want a WOrry Monster too now... :blush: 

Guess it will soon be Little Shopping Time!!  :lol:

Xxx - Bee

• Like 1

Oh goodness! Thank you all so much for helping me out! There's a lot of really amazing ideas in this post that I can use to keep things fun and fresh for us, thank you all so much! This is really appreciated! 

• Like 1

Guest Account deleted

Oh goodness! Thank you all so much for helping me out! There's a lot of really amazing ideas in this post that I can use to keep things fun and fresh for us, thank you all so much! This is really appreciated! 

Thank YOU!! :) It's always a nice surprise to see a caregiver actually come back and say thank you! I am so glad our answers helped you out! :)

• Like 2