Communal Garden

shadowrider

When I wrote about our village here I mentioned the communal garden. I think we need to see the garden so we all know what it looks like. So here is where I think we should post pics of any and everything we plant. From flowers to fruits and veggies. Even trees and shrubs are welcome here. If you plant it we want to see it. Even if you didn't plant it but just happened to see it growing. Share a pic if you think it is pretty or awesome.

Welcome to our garden.

• Like 1

I just made a few of these planters from 55 gallon (208 Liter) barrels.

Now I need some soil and I am ready to plant.

IMG 20220408 143553953

• Like 3

Guest Sweetielynn

I unfortunately don't even remotely have a green thumb, but I love taking photos of flowers and plants.

post-166187-0-23231300-1649471292_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My Daddy and I have been growing seedlings! They are in little seedling pots now, but soon, when the weather is nicer, we will be planting them outside.

We have mostly vegetables, but we have some herbs, too!

I'll post a picture here when I plant them!

Junebug x.

• Like 1

My Daddy and I have been growing seedlings! They are in little seedling pots now, but soon, when the weather is nicer, we will be planting them outside.

We have mostly vegetables, but we have some herbs, too!

I'll post a picture here when I plant them!

Junebug x.

Can't wait to see them. 

• 1 month later...

I started gardening and thoroughly enjoying it! This is what I so far: one flower from a bee pollinator kit, herbs and lettuces for me and my critters.

• Like 1

I started gardening and thoroughly enjoying it! This is what I so far: one flower from a bee pollinator kit, herbs and lettuces for me and my critters.

Those all look great, thank you for sharing with us.

• 4 weeks later...

Since summer is here every time I buy a pineapple, which is quite often lately, I plant the top.

These 2 are starting to show growth and turn a more pretty green so I think they will be ok. I have 2 more planted and 2 more in the sink waiting to be cut up.

I love pineapple if you couldn't tell lol

I also have a lot of green onions in jugs on that table. Just cut the root end off and stick it in soil and they will start to grow again. Easy and fun and you can snip the greens off and eat them and they grow new ones. Perfect small space garden.

IMG_20220704_151844642~2.jpg

IMG_20220704_151830893.jpg

• Like 1