DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Can't feel little on my own

Guest lilninji

Guest lilninji

I can't feel little on my own no matter what i try, it j feels so forced n fake. To me being little is who i am at my deepest layer, the person I am behind all that protects me, all that this world has taught me i should b. But even tho it's who i am on the inside, it's something that only comes out when i'm with a dom. Almost as if i needed someone to take charge and hold my adultness and responsibilities while i let go for a moment. And without someone to take them from me i can't let go.

Have been dealing w this problem for years, n my only solution has j been to ignore it, ignore my little side since there's nothing i can do abt it, but it nvr quite works obviously. 

There must b a solution to this :( one that doesn't involve depending on somebody else.

• Like 1

Ok so this may sound a little weird but my idea is for you is to set up a routine. You mentioned needing to hand over or give up your adulness. Why not come up with a routine that allows you to do that for yourself. A set of activities that essentially tricks your brain into knowing it's little time. It can start with say setting out the little items you think you mightike to use that day then I find a shower is very helpful wash off all the adultness, put on some little music, and put on cute clothes.

This is just an example. Add to your routine things that help you. Over time when you do those activities then your brain will connect the two.

Best of luck!

• Like 3

Understand, it's hard to feel nurturing on your own as well... I am really sorry to hear that you are going through what you're going through. I have noticed a 'ton of littles groups' lately cause a lack of love for them and the ability to go in their space safely and with 'friends'. I guess it's the only way to do it if you don't have access to a CG of some type.(and companionship really helps)

Edited by DaddyLovesStars

I totally get what you're saying a lot of little have a hard time until they know who they can trust.. I know in my family nobody seems to be able to be little unless they know somebody is in charge. And yes there are baby girls who are juggalo I've known several and have one now in my family group.

This is such a great topic.  I hope more add suggestions.  I have to find my own way too, and colouring books and cartoons help.  Holding stuffies comforts me.  Maybe a particular song can help you feel little? Maybe set some things out you like to do and silence your phone. I get your dilemma.  Hard to 'check-out' for a while when you're responsible for everything. I sincerely hope it gets easier for you. OHHHhH!  OHHH!  Or maybe a DD will find you and this will be moot.  Here's hoping! :)  Try not to be hard on yourself. 

Hi. I feel a similar kind of struggle. I have some tips for you:

• Go into little space when absolutely everything adulty responsible is done. In this moment you can tell yourself you don't have to be responsible anymore. And even if it's for 15 minutes.
  • Go back to your childhood mentally (if it was good). The carefree feeling might get you into the right headspace.
  • Search for a caregiver online, explain the problem, make some videochat with them while you try to go to little space.
  • Close your eyes, imagine a caregiver being with you right now and them talking to you in a way you can let go. 

Hopefully that was helpful and I wish you good luck. 

Edited by feather-among-stones