‘Cold-blooded’ Can Anyone Relate?

Crystal_Rose

So I’m one of those ‘cold blooded’ types where I’m almost alway cold, I’m always wrapped up in blankets and jumpers but I can never keep my feet warm! I’m always having to put two pairs of socks on, does anyone know the best way to keep them warm?

Edited by Crystal_Rose

My Daddy is the exact same. Luckily I'm a human heater and throw enough heat to keep a house warm. He hust pull me on top of Him like a human heating blanket lol.
  • Like 1

So I’m one of those ‘cold blooded’ types where I’m almost alway cold, I’m always wrapped up in blankets and jumpers but I can never keep my feet warm! I’m always having to put two pairs of socks on, does anyone know the best way to keep them warm?

My feet get so cold they hurt in the winters. I use a heating pad and blanket. Place the pad over my feet and that works great. Sometimes sleep that way also.

• Like 2

Remember 98.6 is only the average temp. I run 97.2 degrees normally so I tend to be on the hot side. But my Daddy is very health and is also cold blooded he normally 99.0 or so degrees. Since his body temp is higher than most weather around us. He gets cold really easy.  But Smol is right. Some serious conditions are associated with feeling cold all the time. Good luck and please make sure your healthy.

Lots of luvs

• Like 1

Yup, cold blooded here... I tend to get literally "hot" partners haha, it works real well coz I get used as a cooler pack!!

If you are single, your best friend are electric blankets! I have a full size, a throw and a "pillow size" (but don't use it as a pillow, it will damage your hair... use it to sit on or on your tummy or legs :/ you get the idea!

Anyways, I do have a slight (but very stubborn) anemia that I need to keep in check and very low key hypothyroidism for all is worth so Smol does have a point. When I was younger I would be freezing and it wouldn't really bother me but I was very athletic, now I am less active so I guess I've lost a bit of muscle mass aaaand SHPOILED ROTTEN so yeah, I whine and demand cuddles pretty much year round.

• Like 1

I will be sure to seek medical help as I’ve been like this for as long as I can remember, thank you to all who has posted and suggested things!
I may also look into getting either an electric blanket or a heating pad, I’m not very an active person so that might be a part of it.

• 4 months later...

they have these heat pocket things for both hands and feet. you just open them and put them in your socks for the bottom of your feet and it takes a few for them to warm up. i wish i were like you. i overheat and cant stand spring and summer as a result. it doesnt help that i live in hell...i mean, tucson!🙄

In Canada we have "reading socks" they're wool knitted socks with super fluffy linings, might be better than doubling up on socks because I've found that can restrict circulation and make my toes even colder

Here's a trick I learned from good ol Calvin and Hobbes back in middle school. 

When it's really cold outside. Don't wear too much and go outside for 10 minutes. Then when you go back in the house it will feel really warm 🙂