DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

SPOILER ALERT - First half of "Within A Wall" - Discussion

PigtailPrincess

Here we are!!! Feel free to start discussing the first half of the short story.  Remember only to the line "Of course she would never let Jane spend more than she could afford".

I will start us out!

Ok so I am so excited after finishing the first half. It was sooooo hard not to go on. My question is for those who understand art better.

I want to know what is up with everyone thinking the visually pleasing painting of his wife that used all his skill and time is some how less than the violently aggressive painting of Jane?

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

• PigtailPrincess changed the title to SPOILER ALERT - First half of "Within A Wall" - Discussion

Nothing like spite to give motivation or to improve productivity. I think it's kinda funny that the sketch is better than the well-planned portrait.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2022 at 1:34 PM, andrielisilien said:

Nothing like spite to give motivation or to improve productivity. I think it's kinda funny that the sketch is better than the well-planned portrait.

It is kind of funny that what he is most frantically proud of is not received the same way his angry accomplishment. I imagine it drove him further and further into that anger.

Does this mean that we as humans find spite attractive? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PigtailPrincess said:

Does this mean that we as humans find spite attractive? 

I see it more like we as humans find "passion" attractive whether that's positive or negative. Something that isn't lukewarm catches our attention.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2022 at 4:34 PM, andrielisilien said:

Totally agree ahaha

• Like 2

On 8/11/2022 at 11:54 PM, andrielisilien said:

I see it more like we as humans find "passion" attractive whether that's positive or negative. Something that isn't lukewarm catches our attention.

So true!  Plus, I think that, since the sketch is not finished yet, everyone can imagine the final result as they want to, unlike the painting which leaves no room for creativity.

• Like 2