DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

world cup thread

beanbean

i was thinking we could keep up to date here i will try to post who plays every day and such , feel free to post who you think going to win the who;e thing . i am going to go with brazil winning

• Like 1

I’m going with Australia. 

(immediately loses the soccer pool) 

I miss doing the pools! If those aren’t legal then I definitely do not miss them and never did them. 

I’m into the second half of the Qatar v Ecuador game and it is painful to watch as expected, lol. Qatar never stood a chance as they were just the host invite but I was hoping for a surprise maybe? Lol. 

It felt like 90% of the first half was played on Qatar’s side which is agony to watch. 

Meanwhile I can’t stand how Ecuador plays. The Oscar-worthy performances when they fall are one thing but they are just aggressive and there’s no real flow. Valencia had that one nice goal (and the rest of the goals, lol) but he stayed on the pitch way too long. I dunno. Not a fan of their style. 

But you can’t beat the atmosphere with the crowds, chants, drums… soccer fan enthusiasm gives me goosebumps. I wish I could see at least one World Cup game in real life. 🥳

I get to watch the games with my father though which is always fun. We have a laugh at the player antics and get equally rowdy. I get to hear classic soccer stories too (from his own life and just from his knowledge of the history). 

England tomorrow I think. I never know if I should cheer them or not, lol. 

I've got England,🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Netherlands, and the USA 🇺🇸 for tomorrow. Friday for the 🇺🇸 vs.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 match should be fun. Well, it always is fun.❤️

• Like 1

I will go with England and Netherlands too but I’ll pick Wales for the first game. Maybe they will be determined, lol. 

What if Senegal upsets Netherlands? Ooooh! Scandalous! 😂 

Things are so political this year. I want to root for the Iranian team for the players who support protests back home but some of the other players aren’t on the same page. 

And I’m so fed up with FIFA for the armband thing. They’ve come off of decades of corruption (well I’m sure they’re still corrupt) and they’re threatening bans now. 🙄

Go Kane!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beanbean said:

match day two  ,England vs iran   , Netherlands vs Senegal , and the usa vs Wales

I'm voting against my own country for Wales! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🐉❤️

• Like 1

Man I'm done betting on soccer ever since Iceland beat England at the Eurocup 2016. I shed tears that day. Had a combination ticket that'd have paid out 2,6k and all that was left was that game which was a sure thing in my head. It's my fault tho, Should've known not to bet on England since they always crap the bed at big competitions. Just like Sean Bean they always get killed off early... Fucking brits.

• Haha 1

doing match three now as i have to work late to tonight lol match day three Argentina vs Saudi Arabia ,  Mexico vs Poland ,   Denmark vs Tunisa and France vs Australia

• Thanks 1

Holy smokes! I only caught a bit of Netherlands v Senegal and it looked intense. And no goal at half time? The African teams are good at upsets. I can’t wait to watch the other half later. It was nice to see real football after that opening match. 🤭

Next ones: 

Argentina 🇦🇷 

Poland 🇵🇱 (only because I have to as a Pole, lol but Lewandowski is epic so maybe his crappy team will stop letting him down 😂)

Denmark 🇩🇰 

France 🇫🇷 

kinda shocked Denmark only managed a draw .tomorrow matches are , Morocco vs Croatia ,Germany vs Japan, Spain vs Costa Rica  . Vamos Ticos!!!   and Canada vs Belgium

• Like 1

I woke up to the news about Argentina and loved the drama of it, lol! I like when the “invincible” teams are challenged.

Meanwhile, Poland is playing as expected: like garbage. And they are so darn lucky because Mexico has been close so many times. Only luck stopped the ball from getting in and not good defensive play. This is when I remind my Polish parents that I wasn’t born in Poland and switch allegiance to some other team, lol. 

My guesses are all off but let’s do tomorrow’s: 

Croatia 🇭🇷 (just want to support Modric)

Germany 🇩🇪 (?)

Spain 🇪🇸 (but I want Costa Rica to win)

and… Canada 🇨🇦 😂 (shut up!) 

1 hour ago, beanbean said:

kinda shocked Denmark only managed a draw .tomorrow matches are , Morocco vs Croatia ,Germany vs Japan, Spain vs Costa Rica  . Vamos Ticos!!!   and Canada vs Belgium

Never discount the African teams especially against higher ranking favorites. 😄

Edited by gigisweetheart

Just watching the Argentina game now and just 30 minutes in and I’m annoyed by the poor sportsmanship. That one player who wouldn’t shake hands after a foul was called… come on.

And they drop like flies and claim they’re injured when their opponents are nowhere near them. 🤣🤣 They are in death throes right away. 😂😂

Meanwhile how impressive is the Saudi effort? They are defending and attacking and just all over the place. Poland needs to learn from them! 😂 

Apparently Saudi Arabia declared the day as a national holiday because of the win.

[Edit: I am just finishing the second half of the Argentina game (I am so behind, lol) and I can’t get over that jaw-dropping 2nd goal from KSA.. the cartwheel and flip helped, lol.]

Edited by gigisweetheart

Croatia, Germany, Spain, and Belgium for tomorrow. I feel like those are pretty predictable and not very exciting guesses, but it is what it is. Powerhouse squads.

The two draws are why people complain about boring " Soccer". I really am super happy for Memo, though. And since I can't stand Argentina, Super pleased, though politically speaking the Saudi regime is horrid.

• Like 1