DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Long-Distance Activities?

Skye_Severheart

So my daddy currently lives in Missouri and I live in Kentucky... Does anyone know of bonding/ littlespace activities that we can do together in such a predicament? 

• Like 1

I couldn't imagine not being able to be physically with my Daddy. For the tines where I travel for work and He can't come with me we do nightly story time and I'm always sure to have Him scent a stuffie to come with me.

• 2 weeks later...

One suggestion is to do activities via video call. For example you could play "I Spy" to have them give hints of something in your video screen. You could cook or bake together, and then try out the yummy end product at the same time. You could play online games together. Your daddy can hold a book and read it to you like he would if you were in the same space. Many ideas! I'm sure if you searched LDR activities through the forum, there are a ton of threads.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

LDR? Been there, done that. It's just not the same. I do not engage in digital relationships, except as friends.

However, I do welcome friends from afar. And  I will contact littles/middles who are not local.

Why?

If you can develop a good friendship online, (I'm not writing about LDR activities here, just your basic friendship), the LDR friendship can turn into a RL get-together.

For example, I started communicating with a woman 4,000 miles away once. Never thot that one day, we would find each other in each others arms. (and more) 😉

We became real good friends long distance first. I suspect that one needs real good communication skills to pull this off.

We developed a very close friendship long distance. After many months, she decided that she wanted to meet me in RL. So she came to me. 4,000 miles.

We hit it off wonderfully in RL. One of the nicest women that I have ever been with.

So if you have excellent communication skills, and can develop a long distance friendship, dont be concerned about how local or far away they are. You just never know what might happen.

But forget about LDR activities,  online mentoring, etc. This will get very old sooner or later. As you see with this couple.

Many folks say, I am looking for someone local. Yeah, that would be great.

But with the advent of the internet, the whole world is local.

I am developing a very beautiful friendship with a woman half way around the world right now. No, we are not thinking of ever getting together in RL. But as I have found out, we never know what the future holds for us.

• 1 month later...

I don't have a daddy right now, but I was in a LDR with a daddy last year. We would try to phone each day and video call once or twice a week (if we could). And on his weeks off we would play co-op video games together or watch a tv show or movies. ☺️

I am in a LDR with my dada right now and as others said - we do phonecalls/voicechat every day - if we can and able to.
He also gives me some tasks for the week like drawing something for him - that i can show off later
He also tells me when he has to work; what we both have to do for the day - and share important appointments ( for a doctor or so )
We game together or he reads me good night stories.
We also watch some movies together on discord !
When we can, we go online shopping together - or he orders food for me ( he pays; they deliver to me - haha )
and if i am deep in little/middle-space; he's just listening to me on a call - and be a good caregiver.

• Love button 2

94bd80b7555895402e902e066c6d1e09.jpg

Aside from the amazing technology we have this day and age, I like the idea of using snail mail. ✉️ Something simple in an envelope such as a picture you drew/colored, pressed leaves/flowers from your neighborhood, stickers, and I like tea a lot so a packet or two of my favorites. There are lots of fun stationary styles that you can find in stores for this. 😊 If your budget allows, you can go a bit bigger with a package to fit more things like a stuffie, candy, a little craft that you made, jewelry, or whatever that expresses your affection and thoughts of your partner. Seeing something special like this in the mail besides the boring bills and junk is always nice!! 📬 This can be a surprise or can be announced to look out for. I'm coming up with ideas as Valentine's Day is coming up and mailing out cute cards or gifts. 😁💟

• Like 2
  • Love button 2

• 1 month later...

Snail mail is neat especially if the person is in another country. I use to have pen friends to people in Europe. I used the Onion skin paper. It is more expensive. The reason for that paper. It is lighter and you can write more. You see they charge by how heavy your envelope is going overseas. Now in USA I would not use Onion skin perhaps unless they do same.