DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

POC Littles Club

KhariKub

POC Club  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in joining a club where POC can get together and discuss the lifestyle ?

• I think this is a great idea, I'm in.
    • I would consider joining.

I hope this post won't cause any issues but I was wondering if there were any already pre-existing clubs for Littles and Middles of different ethnic and cultural backgrounds or if one could be made? I do understand that this may sound like a division as such but I think it might be a good place for POC littles to connect and share their experiences in the community and for any Bigs wanting to adopt a little to learn more about ways to connect with that little.

I know every little is valid regardless of their age, height, gender, skin colour, etc but there is also not as much representation for the littles of colour. I think having a place where you can share resources (such as little books with representation or cultural meals, etc) may be a fun way to connect.

Obviously this is only an idea and curiosity so nothing has to come out of it if it's not a good idea!

• Like 3

Sorry, lengthy answer incoming.

I see no reason why your question would cause any issues. Until yesterday we did not have a club for any group based off of ethnicity or location, now we have our 1st. Are we open to creating more? Yes. But they will need to have members that want to work on the growth and upkeep of the club to manage them. Members that are not going to delete their accounts and leave the club and its members abandoned.

It has been the thinking of the majority that these things can cause division and separation in the community. Which in the past I agree, they would and did. The world is always trying to divide us and generally does a pretty good job. From the the time we start school they tell us that jocks sit with jocks and pretty people with pretty people. Oh you don't have money? You can't eat with us. I've seen way too many people say they didn't think they belonged in the lifestyle because they did not fit the cookie cutter narrative that they saw represented elsewhere. I for one would love to see that narrative fade into history so no one else falls victim to it. We are all different and unique and if we are here, then we belong.

After having discussions with people on both sides of this debate I think we can see that by not allowing members to easily find others that they feel more connected with, we are actually causing a type of division. Humans seek out likeness and can feel isolated when it is not easily found. So seeing a group you may feel kindred to may get more new members to stay and grow with us. I would hope that new members would still venture out into the rest of the forum and help the community grow by sharing their perspectives and life experiences with all of us and not just a small group.

I think the way @MasterPhotog described the XYZ club explains why and how we could benefit from clubs like this. And also makes me think that there may be a way to gain cohesiveness through a little division.

* I think my only stipulation would be that we do not turn these clubs into dating spaces. We have sections for seeking a partner or friends so lets use the clubs to help each other and the community as a whole grow.

• Like 1
  • 100 percent yes 1

• 2 months later...

I am new to this forum, but as a little of color. I have no problem mingling with any one of any race. However it does feel like within the entire DDLG community there is not a very large representation of POC. I think it’s great to create a safe space for people who can relate culturally. I hope to see more people of color share their experiences within the community. 

• Like 1

If someone will remind me tomorrow I will start a thread with a poll to see if we can get some interest building and go from there.

Added the poll here since this thread already exists and it made sense. 

Get your votes in and lets see if we can get this going.