DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Monkey’s rollerblade adventures !

DaddysMonkey

I figured it would be efficient to just make a thread of all of my rollerblading adventures instead of blowing up the status area with it so much … even though I’ll still post about it here and there 🐒💨

Todays adventure included Dad completely biffing it , seeing a huge eagle , the gorgeous mountain , a really cool OG I met named Robert , and we ended the day with some fuel at our favorite dive bar with vegan options ! :3 

I will start with the Mount Rainier and eagle photos (the eagle was really high up so quality is not great). 
large.IMG_3330.jpeg.a820cf8a2ee48f922f3d0f8708325813.jpeglarge.IMG_3328.jpeg.9e015a87cef3151979a61782625aaaa9.jpeg

I always end my ride with a quick rest by the water since the air is cooler there

large.IMG_3339.jpeg.8ad924718b9dae5044aefe5f7dede415.jpeglarge.IMG_3338.jpeg.38ebaf4378b73b4620eeab60eb80af0b.jpeg

I also met this REALLY FUCKING COOL OG ! I was nervous but I went up to him and introduced myself and asked how long he’s been skating and I told him how good he was , when we left I gave him a fist bump and thanked him for talking to me to show him respect 🫶🏼 His name was Robert and my spot used to be his spot as a kid and he stopped skating for years , then got back into it about four years ago. He said he’ll look for me when he’s down there now ! :3 This is Robert and his skills

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7yahci0ck3ubjdom718

Im saving the best for last of course ….. Dad biffing it ! Hehehehehe 👹 I laughed so hard

Then after we rode for two hours straight we were super hungry and went to Eleven - Eleven ! It’s a super grungy dive bar with the best food. I got a buffalo sammich , Brother got the salad version of my sammich and Dad got a vegan patty melt , and we all shared a vegan berry chocolate cake with gold flakes ! 

Rollerblade days are the best 🫶🏼💖

• Like 2
  • Love button 3
  • 100 percent yes 1
  • HAMMERRR!!!!! 1

Ouchieee! I felt those blisters on my feet just seeing the pictures. That looks like the absolute bestest day!!! 😸 I bet you’ll sleep great tonight. Thanks for sharing your amazing pics and adventures!

• Like 1

This looks epic  Glad you had a day full of such adventure! I hope your Dad isn't feeling the effects of that spill too much 🤭

• Like 1
  • snickering 1

On 4/21/2024 at 10:53 AM, Andriel_Isilien said:

This looks epic  Glad you had a day full of such adventure! I hope your Dad isn't feeling the effects of that spill too much 🤭

Hehehehe , that’s what he gets for being an old fart ! 

• giggling 2

So your blading adventures tickle some long forgotten memories as a kid rollerblading the bike path with my mom and brother. Holy cow, I haven’t been on them in years. But now the weathers getting nicer and I might be interested in taking this activity back up. Is there any particular brand you recommend staying away from? Im not looking for anything pricey or fancy, I’ll probably only do it on the occasional weekend or free night when I can get to a path that’s smooth, but I do want something quality where I’m not replacing wheels or bearings constantly….any tips/Recs/sites to start exploring would be appreciated!😸

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Aikko said:

So your blading adventures tickle some long forgotten memories as a kid rollerblading the bike path with my mom and brother. Holy cow, I haven’t been on them in years. But now the weathers getting nicer and I might be interested in taking this activity back up. Is there any particular brand you recommend staying away from? Im not looking for anything pricey or fancy, I’ll probably only do it on the occasional weekend or free night when I can get to a path that’s smooth, but I do want something quality where I’m not replacing wheels or bearings constantly….any tips/Recs/sites to start exploring would be appreciated!😸

I have the Rollerblade brand , specifically the Twister design because they’re good for street skating but the one I have are on the expensive side because I use them A LOT. I would suggest looking at your local sports store , like Docks sporting good , Big 5 Sports , even some Targets and Walmarts have rollerblades and skates ! 

USASKATESHOP is where I get all my skate gear and rollerblades ! 

A brand I don’t recommend : IMPALA. They’ve had a history with racism , and their skates suck and fall apart. 

Edited by DaddysMonkey
  • Thanks 1