innerchildtml Posted September 24 Report Posted September 24 @PigtailPrincess Here are my final answers. Spoiler Fairydale Final Questionnaire 1. What was the part that surprised you most? The fact that he just kept hanging out waiting for her for 1000s of years and that she was a butterfly cacoon thingy. Idk about yall but thats a long time to wait. Maybe it was easier since he had the cacoon. 2. What is one thing that would have made the book better? This had a lot of back and forth and while necessary, it also seemed like some of it might not have been. And some of the hale family members were there then gone. 3. Rate the book out of 5 stars. 5 kept me on edge and I wasnt able to predict much of anything. 4. Who was your favorite character and why? Amon. He has done so much and is a bit creepy, but when I read the stuff about him and Sela I just get happy. Also Darcys teaching friend was a trip. 5. If you could make a flower/plant like Sela did what would it look like? Oh, I love stargaze lillies and fire and ice roses so something like them combined. Or stargaze lollies the size of those massive Lilly pads that you could sit on. I wanna sleep in the flower. 1. What genre would you like to see us read next? Something a little softer might be good. Romantic comedy with a spooky twist for halloween 2. Do you like a longer or shorter read? Maybe shorter going into the holidays 3. Do you prefer a stand alone or a series? Either is good. As always Thank you for running this. It was so much fun
RoseyLittle Posted Friday at 12:55 AM Report Posted Friday at 12:55 AM Finally catching up with this. I really enjoyed this one! I can't wait for our next read. Thank you so much Pigtail 💗 Spoiler Fairydale Final Questionnaire 1. What was the part that surprised you most? The fact that Amon and Caleb were the same person! I don't often miss the twist coming, but this one truly did surprise me. I had already figured out the cat was him, but was totally shocked when he was revealed as Caleb! 2. What is one thing that would have made the book better? I found the pacing of the book shifted right at the end and I struggled with it. I enjoyed the rhythm previously and thought the transitions back and forth in timelines were smooth - but at the end it felt a bit rushed, suddenly we get all the information and bam she is Sela for a long period of chapters. It felt a little like tying all the threads in quickly at the end. I wish the pacing hadn't struggled at the end. The only other thing I would have liked to see a little different is that it was almost in remembering being Sela, the traits that were Darcy completely disappeared for me as a reader - her little mannerisms or ways of thought. And that felt a little jarring. I wish there could have somehow been a feeling more of the parts of self coming together as opposed to one replacing the other? For example it was like her friend, past, the nuns, like none of these things even existed or mattered anymore to her once she remembered herself and Amon. 3. Rate the book out of 5 stars. I would give it 4 stars. I found it highly entertaining, it was pleasurable to read and found myself wanting to turn each page and keep reading. And it legitimately surprised me which rarely happens. I loved the characters through time and the romance. I especially loved Sela's 'touch him and die' vibes and the way she actually successfully rescued Amon with her badassery. Spiciness was adequate for me. And I enjoyed the characters and their development. But I struggled with pacing at the end and I struggled with how odd the whole town is and how much everyone just goes along with all these strange occurrences, especially Darcy at the beginning. Like aspects just felt unrealistic for human reactions/psyche. 4. Who was your favorite character and why? I enjoyed Amon the most, there was a depth/sadness to him I appreciated as a character, along with my favorite touch her and die vibes. Although I also appreciated witnessing character development occur over centuries with characters that live so long. I thought that was a nice contrast to the often immortal trope of like being this one way for millennia. Such as when Sela realized towards the end of the book how her constant drive to have children had actually been silencing impacting Amon, and the way he was putting his own dreams on hold in some ways for her. I enjoyed watching these ancient characters still grow and change. 5. If you could make a flower/plant like Sela did what would it look like? Hmm my own green thumb is called towards plants that have properties or purposes (medicinal, edible etc.). So I think I would like to create a flowering plant in which each part of it is useful to different healing purposes (its roots, seeds, leaves, flower, maybe even its milky sap k in the stem). 1. What genre would you like to see us read next? I just love reading so am happy with whatever we go with! I am a sucker for some big dark feels that leave me reeling for weeks (Feathers so Vicious / Court of Raven duo messed me up and I loved every moment of it lol). Though it could be nice to have a palette cleanser next maybe with some laughs. 2. Do you like a longer or shorter read? I prefer longer but am happy with anything. 3. Do you prefer a stand alone or a series? I am happy with either. I love the world and character building series provides, but love the satisfying wrap up that comes with a standalone when done the read together.
Pink_MyMelody Posted 14 hours ago Report Posted 14 hours ago Spoiler 1. What was the part that surprised you most? I was super shocked that Amon and Caleb were the same person and the real Caleb was dead!!! The whole book I genuinely thought they’re two different men so when I found out it was Amon all along I had to re think back to the old chapters and how it was him instead. 2. What is one thing that would have made the book better? I don’t really have any criticisms to be honest. The only thing I didn’t like was any scenes to do with blood because blood usually makes me feel a little ill 3. Rate the book out of 5 stars. I would rate it 4 out of 5 stars!!! I was surprised by how much I liked this book as I tend to get bored easily but this book kept me on my toes the whole time! 4. Who was your favorite character and why? I really liked Darcy as a main character as not only was she interesting but she was pretty intelligent. She was able to piece together so many things and was constantly questioning if the information given to her was the full truth 5. If you could make a flower/plant like Sela did what would it look like? My flowers would be Pompom Dahlias!! They are a cute round pompom shape and come in heaps of pretty colours!! I’m going to answer the next questions here cause I’m struggling with the spoiler thing lol!! 1. What genre would you like to see us read next? Either another fantasy or a romance 2. Do you like a longer or shorter read? Longer read! 3. Do you prefer a stand alone or a series? Stand alone series cause I’m always scared of the second book not being as good
Recommended Posts