DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

What is your special bedtime routine?

Ruby-Rainy

What are you special bedtime routines? Bath, monitoring brushing teeth, tucking in? Anything "extra" special for those stressful little days?

(BTW I mean this in a non-sexual manner)

Guest Pouty Kitten
An hour before bed, I turn off all of my electronics. I'll brush my teeth, wash my face, get in bed, and then I'll have my Daddy read to me- nothing special!
  • Like 1

It's not really about ddlg, but I though I will share my experiences for those who suffer from insomnia:

1. Reading with classical music in the background makes me wind down and destress after a busy day.
  2. Then the phone needs to be put far away outside of hands reach, and of course in silent mode. If it is within hand reach, It may wake you up to check it, even if there are no notifications.
  3. Close curtains on the windows, I have also curtains around my bed. There are light receptors on the skin, so if there are any lights coming from outside it may also wake you up.
  4. I don't eat within 1 hour before going to sleep (but don't go to sleep hungry), you can drink some magnesium instead. Also coffee can have effects on quality of the sleep even when drunk 12 hours before sleep, but it is different for everyone (it can be 3 hours, it can be 6 hours).
  5. First time in the morning drink two glasses of water as you are dehydrated after the whole night.

^_^

MrTom

I'm lucky to have a special bedtime routine.

* I take my glasses off and tuck them behind Daddy's monitor while grabbing my ipad

* I then go to the bathroom while Daddy makes the bed

* Daddy makes sure the tablet in the bedroom (we have far too many gadgets) is playing the Simpsons...we've seen every episode a million times so it's just background noise

* I get into bed and curl up around Kitty (my snow leopard plushie)

* Daddy tucks me in and gives me a kiss then snuggles up behind me to give me a cuddle for a few minutes. He uses this time to tell me that he loves me and remind me that I'm his Kitten.

* Daddy then gets up to go back to his computer, wishes me a good night and turns out the light while I read or play a game on my ipad until I fall asleep

He gets cross with me if I'm not asleep half an hour later so I usually put off bedtime until I'm actually tired or it's late enough that I need to sleep for work the next morning.

Every night, I brush my teeth, and while papa is doing so I do the dishies. We then go upstairs, and papa takes off my glasses, my jewelry, and gives me a nice thorough hair brushie while sitting on the bed. We chat while this is occurring and I like to lean back into papa's chest and be tickled. Papa then turns the light off, undresses, and undresses me if I haven't changed into a nightie. I then lay with my head on papa's chest and we speak in soft voices over the events of the days and other things of interest. Papa will then nudge me with kissies and his nose to roll over. Upon doing so, I always say "good night papa, I love you" and he responds in kind. 

I absolutely love our routine. It thoroughly prepares me for sleep and for a wonderful morning. ♥ 

Me and my daddy do not live together as we both still live with our parents and we just started a very special routine.

Before bed, he sends me voice messages through Facebook asking if I'm ready for bed and all tucked in. Then he will read me a short story (usually princesses!!) and I'll usually fall asleep to it (: it's very sweet, calm, and soothing and a great way to stay connected with daddy even though we don't live together yet. We've talked about keeping the routine going even when we both move out as well and I'm hoping it's something that we follow thru with (:

My muñequita and I have very different sleeping schedules. I'm a night work and usually work from 7pm to 2am. She is a teachers aide and is usually up as early as 5 or 6 am. We have a long distance relationship and usually text me before going to bed, "Goodnight, Papí." But whe she is visiting I lay her with her stuffy, a giant unicorn named Ziggy Stardust, and tuck her in and generally lay with her until she falls asleep.

before bed i have to brush my teeth with my Iron-man tooth brush, and wash my hands, then my grandma (care-giver) helps me get my pj's on. Then she tucks me in and reads me a bedtime story and i fall asleep with my teddy bear 

• Like 1

Those days I added one cause I wanted snacks (I don't have a daddy, so so far I have no rules) so everytime before bed, I get to have a bit of chocolate :D 

Other than that, I always listen to some music, I arrange my stuffies how I want them next to me (well some of them cause there are too many) and I take my teddy and hug him ^^

Guest Hisnightingale

Generally before bed I have to brush my teeth, take out my contacts, and get ready for bed. Master and I go to bed together so we don't have to sleep alone so usually we just cuddle and talk for a little bit. Master always makes sure that I have my stuffie so I don't have nightmares and water next to the bed in case I get thursty. He finds my blanket and makes sure im fully covered and we always put on music :3.

Me and my daddy don't have a bed time routine per set, but we do always talk to each other before bed and when one of us is too tired (which we both are usually tire at the sane time) daddy "tucks me in" and then we say our goonights