DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

My daddy is calling me mean names!

Kittenkisses248

What should I do? My daddy is calling me mean names and yelling at me all the time! We where going to go to breakfast this morning and he took a long shower and when he came out I went to go get ready but he said he didn't want to go! I was upset because I hadn't eaten in a long time and would of made breakfast while she showered! He called me a entitled brat and kept calling me a brat while I got upset and cried. He now won't talk to me! I don't know what to do! I'm really hurt but I live with him and can't just walk away from him.

Guest littlebitty

Hey sorry I don't know the full background of this relationship but if you have got a lot of history and this is just the first time it's happened I'd be standing up for myself, trying to be as big and together as you can and I know that's hard. tell him that behaviour is unaaceptable and you will give him time to himself. And leave him to calm down and have a serious think about what's going on.

If this has happened before I Would be walking away and not looking back. Bullying your little is not acceptable.

It doesn't sound a positive environment to be in regardless of you being little or not.

It's even harder living with him, but you need to find away to either sort it out and find out why this is happening or if it's beyond that you need to be away from each other, very awkward breaking up and being stuck living together I know.

Wishing you the best.

Guest Pouty Kitten

From what you're telling us, he sounds like he's being irrational and there could be an underlying reason for his behavior. I think you should talk to him about everything that has been going on and let him know that it's not okay to name-call. He doesn't sound like a good person and I would remove myself from the situation if I were in your position. 

• Like 1

If this is a sudden change in his behavior, there might, and that's a big *might*, be room to investigate what's going on with him. Is he super stressed about something? Are you just around each other way too much? Is there something going on in his side of the family, an illness or something he hasn't told you about? You need to talk to him first, but if he won't open up and talk to you about it and apologize for his behavior, it's time to consider moving on. No one deserves to be verbally abused like that, ever. Good luck to you.

• Like 1

Guest NewYorkDaddy

Thank you everyone first of all and second of all it has been happening for about the last few weeks. It had never happened before that!

I'd ask him why he keeps berating you. There really is no excuse for that. Rarely do I lash out, and when I do I always always apologize.

If the answer isn't to your liking or if you find the situation unbearable, move out immediately.