It's now possible to report incidents in the chat room. You should see a new button in the list of buttons (screenshot here), clicking that button allows you to report a chat room incident. This shouldn't be used to report small personal disputes or someone merely stating an opinion you don't agree with. This button is for very serious stuff, like the following:
- An underage user is present in the chat room.
- A really creepy person is trying to communicate with users ("add me on kik babygirl please" type stuff).
- Multiple users are ganging up on and bullying a user.
- Someone making threats of violence, harassing users, causing distress.
- The chat room is being spammed with suspicious content.
In your report you should include the name of the perpetrator(s) causing the incident, and as much details about what happened and what triggered it. Once you have made your report, if the situation escalates and you no longer feel safe, you should leave the room and came back at a later time. If you do stay in the chat room during an incident, you should try your best to not make things worse. Trolls and nasty characters like attention, sometimes the best thing you can do is to just ignore their presence and carry on chatting as normal. Don't continue to engage them.