DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Daddy, not Daddy

Guest Sae

My issue is when I call my bio dad daddy.... havent really done it in years but every now and then it slips and it wierds me out haha. Don't worry, it's kinda like calling your friend megan, Meg cause th e other megan goes by meg. That's how I present it.

I stopped calling my bio dad "Daddy" when I realised I wanted to call my Dom it. I used to only use it jokingly anyway...when I wanted him to give me a lift or something :p I feel slightly awkward now if my bio dad ever refers to himself as "Daddy, which he does every now and again, but I just have to roll with it

• 2 years later...

Haha aww, i think it just happens. 
My little one did it a couple of times, we just laugh, smile and hug. It happens. Probably maybe think be your say daddy to your daddy lol.
good luck!  

Guest Ingrambn1

My father was abusive and so I never had the problem of seeing "daddy" as a term of endearment towards him. I just called him by his name, so when it came time to call my boyfriend daddy it feels completely natural (:

Same

I used to call my biological father Daddy when I was younger, and I hadn't referred to him as Daddy in years until I started calling my S.O. Daddy, now it just slips out sometimes! It always makes me cringe a little afterwards, but like mentioned earlier in the thread, the feeling I get when I call my S.O. Daddy and my biological father Daddy are very different. I have also accidentally thought about my S.O. as Dad but it hasn't slipped out yet, thank God. I'm sure it'll be extremely awkward when it does.

Daddy is my daddy and my dad is my dad - both me and daddy have slipped and called him dad but we both laugh and that's it over with.

I only call my dad daddy when I want something... You know the, "Hiiii daddy, can I have....?"  Other than that, it's dad. I don't associate it with DDLG in my head, that would be weird. 

I call my boyfriend daddy, darling, honey, stinky, ginger minger, sweetie, babe, his name, etc... xD

The father I grew up with isn't biologically or legally my dad. I called him Daddy Joe (my bio dad was my Kenny Dad XD), but around 12 I started calling him 'Daddums' so it's never really confusing for me ^^ I call my Daddy 'Daaaaaad' more than anything tho, too. 

Ever since getting a Daddy I've tried to stay away from calling my actual father Daddy, although it does slip out sometimes when I get excited if he does something for me. I always called my father Daddy right up until I became a little so sometimes it's hard to not call him that. Nowadays I try to go for more jokey names like "Fadder". Actually, W

when I was home for Christmas break I was upset over not being able to make the trip back to school earlier because of bad weather and he felt really bad and was trying to make up for it and kept calling himself Daddy and eventually I was like "can you please not say that." He didn't seem too happy that I didn't want him calling himself my daddy while my mom (who knows I'm a little and that I have a daddy) just exchanged awkward looks.

But that's just me :p