Akuchiakuba

Strawberry Lamb

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 46 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:05 AM

Suffering Stress in Little Space

I have been having something of a hard time dealing with stress, even when I'm in little space. Therefore I thought this would be a good opportunity to cover what I actually do and what we all do when we're using little space to deal with stress.

One thing I particularly tend to do is use my paci. I try to focus entirely of the feeling of it, and I might chew on it to avoid biting my fingers or grinding my teeth. It works for a while, but only for so long. After a while I find my stress coming back to me. I'll try to cuddle my stuffie and hide in it, but I don't always have it on me. I rarely have the materials to color on me, but when I do I can try that for a while. This only seems to work if there isn't anyone in the room with me and the cause of the stress is far away. Other than that, there isn't much more I can do. 

So what do you guys do to help with stress? Is there other things you do that might be more effective? Or perhaps there are ways that you do similar things that you think I should try? What tips can you give to others suffering a similar problem? Let's start a discussion and talk to each other. 

• Baby_Vampire_Princess likes this

#2 CrazyMelanieMartinezFan

CrazyMelanieMartinezFan

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 18 posts
    • LocationBroomfield

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:32 AM

I’m just now finding that getting into little space is a huge stress reliever for me but also having the occasional caregiver does help as well

#3 Dulci

Dulci

Mad Unicorn Lady

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 105 posts
    • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:09 AM

Little space is a stress reliever for me. However, when adult me is experiencing stress I do yoga, meditate and take a nice warm bath :) 

• Baby_Vampire_Princess likes this

#4 Baby_Vampire_Princess

Baby_Vampire_Princess

Little and Babygirl

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 15 posts
    • LocationGeorgia

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:26 AM

Little space usually helps me with my stress. I play games, watch movies and cartoons, eat snacks, and do whatever I feel like. I love to eat hot chips in little space.

#5 Baby_Vampire_Princess

Baby_Vampire_Princess

Little and Babygirl

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 15 posts
    • LocationGeorgia

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:28 AM

Little space is a stress reliever for me. However, when adult me is experiencing stress I do yoga, meditate and take a nice warm bath :)

Same!! I feel natural ways of reliving stress is also helpful. I try doing yoga every morning and meditation helps me focus. Baths are so comforting while listening to music  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

• Dulci likes this

#6 Akuchiakuba

Akuchiakuba

Strawberry Lamb

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 46 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:37 AM

I’m just now finding that getting into little space is a huge stress reliever for me but also having the occasional caregiver does help as well

Little space usually helps me with my stress. I play games, watch movies and cartoons, eat snacks, and do whatever I feel like. I love to eat hot chips in little space.

Thank you so much for your input! I think I might try meditation and yoga in the future. I love taking baths with bath bombs, but I rarely have the chance to do that. I can only manage it when I'm home alone, and that's a really rare occurrence.

I'm starting to really consider putting something into the personals to try getting a caregiver...? I'm just really not sure about it yet. I don't feel like I can really have a caregiver. Most of them seem to want an intimate relationship, but I'm apothisexual. The last person who said they would be a platonic caregiver just badgered me about pushing the relationship further and tried to make me feel bad for just wanting to be friends. I don't want that to happen again.

#7 TheLittlestMouse

TheLittlestMouse

Mouse~

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 81 posts
    • LocationPa

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:08 PM

Somethings that help me
    My paci
    Stuffies
    Squish toys
    Coloring
    Reading/being read to
    Yoga
    Taking walks
    Music

Also talking to a friend may help ^.^~

#8 Akuchiakuba

Akuchiakuba

Strawberry Lamb

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 46 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:43 PM

Somethings that help me
    My paci
    Stuffies
    Squish toys
    Coloring
    Reading/being read to
    Yoga
    Taking walks
    Music
    Also talking to a friend may help ^.^~

Before I came here I didn't really have any friends. Maybe now that I'm here I will have someone to talk to. ^^

Squishies! I had totally forgotten about those! They can be really helpful at times, right? I think I just need to slowly build up a horde of them to help me. XD Thank you so much for posting!

#9 xolittle_kittyox

xolittle_kittyox

smol bean

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 67 posts
    • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:27 PM

This is not helpful at all so please don't think this is me giving you advice haha

When I'm stressed I find it hard to do anything.

And everything. Literally all I do is lay in bed, sulk and cry. It's even harder for me to stay in little space. :l

I've tried meditation and yoga, coloring, reading, taking baths, nothing helps. Except excessive crying, dread and self loathing. xD

gaia pixel cheeb By chazzlover
    gaia little By diaboriku

#10 Obsessive_Compulsive

Obsessive_Compulsive

A Paranoid Panda

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 43 posts
    • LocationAmerica

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:34 PM

When I'm stressed I like to put in my headphones, listen to happy music and run around my house and dance! I'm able to get rid of all the stressful energy and focus on something else rather than what is causing the stress.

#11 Akuchiakuba

Akuchiakuba

Strawberry Lamb

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 46 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:36 PM

This is not helpful at all so please don't think this is me giving you advice haha

When I'm stressed I find it hard to do anything.

And everything. Literally all I do is lay in bed, sulk and cry. It's even harder for me to stay in little space. :l

I've tried meditation and yoga, coloring, reading, taking baths, nothing helps. Except excessive crying, dread and self loathing. xD

Aww, I'm sorry. Maybe if you keep coming back here from time to time someone will post something that works for you! That is the reason I posted it. ^^ Let's help each other out.
    • xolittle_kittyox likes this

#12 Akuchiakuba

Akuchiakuba

Strawberry Lamb

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 46 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

When I'm stressed I like to put in my headphones, listen to happy music and run around my house and dance! I'm able to get rid of all the stressful energy and focus on something else rather than what is causing the stress.

That sounds like a really good idea. ^^ I should get more dancing music, things that really put me in little space. Thanks so much for posting!

#13 SUeB

SUeB

Devoted to Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 1088 posts
    • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:16 AM

Exercise. Regular exercise of different types. It's my daily therapy and stress squasher.
    This heart, soul and body belong to Him. Now and forever. All for Him.

#14 Akuchiakuba

Akuchiakuba

Strawberry Lamb

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 46 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:08 AM

Exercise. Regular exercise of different types. It's my daily therapy and stress squasher.

Thanks for posting! I'm such a wimp, I'm not sure I could hold up an exercise regimen like that, but I find it super cool that you can! ^^ You must be in good shape. •v• I can always try doing that anyway, just for the sake of trying.

#15 SUeB

SUeB

Devoted to Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 1088 posts
    • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:35 AM

Thanks for posting! I'm such a wimp, I'm not sure I could hold up an exercise regimen like that, but I find it super cool that you can! ^^ You must be in good shape. •v• I can always try doing that anyway, just for the sake of trying.

There's no such thing as willpower. That's a myth. You either want something enough to work for it, or you don't.
    And yes i am in great shape NOW, because i remember the first half of my life when i was unfit, overweight and miserable. Did i suddenly jump off the couch and go on a twenty mile bike ride, then join the gym and squat 80kg? No, of course i didn't.
    You start where you are today. If that's a fifteen minute walk around the block, then great. Do that. If it's ten wall pushups, fantastic. Do that too. Baby steps, not kangaroo leaps, lol.

#16 Akuchiakuba

Akuchiakuba

Strawberry Lamb

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 46 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:50 AM

There's no such thing as willpower. That's a myth. You either want something enough to work for it, or you don't.
    And yes i am in great shape NOW, because i remember the first half of my life when i was unfit, overweight and miserable. Did i suddenly jump off the couch and go on a twenty mile bike ride, then join the gym and squat 80kg? No, of course i didn't.
    You start where you are today. If that's a fifteen minute walk around the block, then great. Do that. If it's ten wall pushups, fantastic. Do that too. Baby steps, not kangaroo leaps, lol.

Thank you for the advice! ^^ I'll try starting with something small. Maybe 5 pushups a day or something, and try to work my way from there. Motivation is really difficult for me, but I'll do better in the future I'm sure.
    • SUeB likes this

#17 SUeB

SUeB

Devoted to Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 1088 posts
    • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:27 PM

Thank you for the advice! ^^ I'll try starting with something small. Maybe 5 pushups a day or something, and try to work my way from there. Motivation is really difficult for me, but I'll do better in the future I'm sure.

That's great. Try get outside in the fresh air too. Just a gentle, short walk can do wonders for "average level" anxiety.

#18 Akuchiakuba

Akuchiakuba

Strawberry Lamb

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 46 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

That's great. Try get outside in the fresh air too. Just a gentle, short walk can do wonders for "average level" anxiety.

I'll remember that. I don't really have much of anywhere to go, but maybe I can just walk laps around my backyard.
    • SUeB likes this

#19 SUeB

SUeB

Devoted to Master

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 1088 posts
    • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:50 PM

I'll remember that. I don't really have much of anywhere to go, but maybe I can just walk laps around my backyard.

You don't need an actual destination. Just set off walking, then after your chosen length of time, turn around and come back!

#20 Akuchiakuba

Akuchiakuba

Strawberry Lamb

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 46 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:05 PM

You don't need an actual destination. Just set off walking, then after your chosen length of time, turn around and come back!

I'll definitely try that. Thank you again for talking to me. ^^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: little space, stress management, items, little, space, activities

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users