DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

age regression vs age play.

superduperally

I have been trying to find the perfect place to express this opinion and hopefully get some kind of feedback from others in the community. I am 18 & recently "officially" became apart of the DDLG, CGL world, but I have always age regressed. Some people seem to have it mixed up in my opinion. I do not age play, I age regress. Age play is a kink, age regression is not. Someone wishing to simply age play must wait until the proper age because it is a kink. Someone who age regresses will do this without a caregiver, without being of age, and sometimes without knowledge of this community at all. I feel, personally, that DDLG is for those of age who age regress and those willing to take care of them. Age play is already a set aside kink and is it's own thing in a sense. On my little instagram page I follow all kinds of people and I see plenty of people who truly age regress and plenty who simply age play. Yes, age regression is a mental thing and is something your mind will sort of just do to make you feel more comfortable in a way. Age play is something people do for the fun of the kink, not something that they sort of do naturally. My whole point is that people should stop making the two, the same thing. They are not the same thing. I do not age play for fun, I age regress because it makes me feel more comfortable. Age play is off limits to minors, and we shouldn't shame a minor for age regressing. I waited until the proper age to actually buy an adult pacifier because I knew most DDLG shops I.D. you. I think its unnecessary to I.D. for comfort items. Because it is not all "kink related", because age regression is not a kink. A pacifier, a sippy cup, a onesie, all not kink related because I don't do age play, I age regress. These Items will just help me become more comfortable when I am in that headspace. -Ally. 

Guest Bunnyblossom

And on that note I’d like to add: Littles/middles do not ALL age play OR regress.

There’s the third kind who just are who they are, and their Little traits are embedded into their personality.

Generally those without a mental Little Space, nor Little Age as they neither regress nor roleplay often.

In case any new folks are left with the impression you need to fit one of the two categories above. ^

• Like 5

The simplest way of putting it is age play is a kink, and whether you are sexual or not, a kink means it's 18+ only. Age regression isn't a kink and anyone of any age can do it. I completely agree with what you've said, and I do think they people need to understand the difference. People who age regress and have no interest in kink could be made uncomfortable when people assume it's all a sex thing and that's unfair. 

I've never once heard of a DDLG shop requiring ID, and I've bought from a number of stores myself. I don't even think they're allowed to ask for ID?? I've never even found an online sex store that requires ID so I can't imagine why they'd want it on a ddlg store for non sexual items.

What stores were you looking at? I'm really curious now lol. 

Then there is those like me who do both lol, which never seems talked about. Ageplay is also not always sexual, but it is always a kink. Perhaps the reason for the ID is that it was adult kink shops and not for 'anyone' even if the items seemed to be so.

I also agree a lot with throatghosts. DD/lg isn't just for those who age regress or Ageplay. Some just have that young, playful, maybe even innocent personality about them that their Daddy or Mommy enjoy.

The simplest way of putting it is age play is a kink, and whether you are sexual or not, a kink means it's 18+ only. Age regression isn't a kink and anyone of any age can do it. I completely agree with what you've said, and I do think they people need to understand the difference. People who age regress and have no interest in kink could be made uncomfortable when people assume it's all a sex thing and that's unfair. 

I've never once heard of a DDLG shop requiring ID, and I've bought from a number of stores myself. I don't even think they're allowed to ask for ID?? I've never even found an online sex store that requires ID so I can't imagine why they'd want it on a ddlg store for non sexual items.

What stores were you looking at? I'm really curious now lol. 

Alot of the shops will say it in their bio (I shop mostly through IG shops) they'll say I.D. required before purchase or things like that. I will simply avoid those shops all together so i've never actually experienced being I.D'd but I have aske  around and some other people have been.

im a weird one. im a part of ddlg and stuff, but in my little space i do not do anything sexual. that's just not for me. outside of little space, me and daddy are sexual. but never in little space, i keep that stuff separate. in little space im purely small and tiny and am babied by my daddy.

idk if this is common for anyone else?

im a weird one. im a part of ddlg and stuff, but in my little space i do not do anything sexual. that's just not for me. outside of little space, me and daddy are sexual. but never in little space, i keep that stuff separate. in little space im purely small and tiny and am babied by my daddy.

idk if this is common for anyone else?

This is actually a very common mindset to have. A LOT of littles are not sexual in littlespace, but are when out. But on the other hand, a LOT of littles are very sexual when in littlespace. The numbers are high on both ends.

I wrote this a long time ago, Ima read it and hope it stays accurate. I was like 23 when I wrote this, so no hate :p

Age Regression and Age Play are two very similar but very different headspaces to be in. Both headspaces occur when a person mentally regresses to a certain age. This is very similar to a Little or Middlespace, however there Age Regression is seen as a separate headspace from CG/L altogether. There are people out there who Age Regress for therapeutic reasons and not for relationship or sexual reasons at all. Yet, there are plenty of CG/L members who do age regress both normally and sexually in their dynamic.

So what is the difference? Well, like Littlespace, Age Regression allows the person the slip away from the responsibilities of the day, but this is a more inclusive headspace. Think of the spectrum: age regression can happen to any age; infancy, toddlers, kids, teens, young adults, etc. But the general age regression doesn’t have a limit. Most Littles/Middles know their regressed age range. I don't even know mine. Others are 0-3, 6-9 and others still are 14-16. But general age regressors just regress. Yes they may have an age, but it isn’t needed as they focus more on the activities than the identity. Littles and Middles link their regression with their identity. [And yes, some general regressors do link their identity with their regression - there are always grey areas.]

[Edit: It is now commonly known that all of these identities to age regression are extremely popular. And it is now more readily known that a ton of Age Regressors (those who regress outside of a relationship and does it because it is in their nature) do, in fact, identify with a specific age. It is like the spectrum - some regressors have an age, some just regress and some fluctuate.]

And all of this is different to Age Play. Most people use Age Play as a sexual component, so I will explain that side of it here. Some people don’t want a CG/L dynamic, however they are turned on by the aesthetic (with an adult) enough to want Age Play. This is where you see the woman who wears a school girl uniform with pigtails and mary jane shoes. Or the man gives sexual commands to the woman in frame with her regression. There is a non-sexual side to Age Play, and the easiest way to explain it is a platonic session. The woman dresses up and the man watches over her as she does activities related to her (coloring, playing with dolls, etc).

But all of these headspaces come down to one thing; the person is thinking like a younger age. Some people get so deep into their headspace that they cannot literally think their age until their regression is done or they are pulled from the space, one way or another. Yet some people get into regression just enough to want to dress like it and that is it. Whatever the reasons are, and no matter how deep they go, these headspaces allow people to function on a younger and less stressful level.

Edited by Little Illy