DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

Looking to be a better caregiver.

Wolfie.5

Im A little new to this community, I’ve had a little before and I’m seeking advice from other caregivers for bettering my position as a caregiver.

Some questions to guide more of what I’m looking for is:

What are appropriate punishments, ways to help a little get into their space through long distance, how could I help a little feel safe and proud about their space with me, What are some games I could play with them while in space, from past littles what are good pet names, is being a caregiver through friendship normal and if so what’s okay and not okay with that compared to a relationship cg/lg, and what are definite donts when it comes to littles?

All of those things really depend on the little. What works for one may not work for another. The best thing to do is talk with the little, discuss boundaries, likes, dislikes and all the questions that you raised here. Tailor it to you and that specific little, as really there is no one way for DDlg to work.
  • Like 1

We can't answer all your questions because every little is different but I think some can be answered or addressed.

Punishments: You have to figure this out with your little depending on limits and what is actually effective.

Littlespace through long distance: This also requires a conversation because every little has different needs to get into littlespace and then you have to figure out how to navigate through that with the limitations that long distance presents.

Safety and pride: Encouragement, making them feel comfortable, letting them know they can be open with you free of judgment. Just be their support, their biggest fan, and their closest confidant. They may also have certain specific needs regarding this that you can help with.

Games in littlespace: Considering you mentioned long distance, if your little is a gamer you can play cute games like Stardew Valley together online but this also depends on what your little likes to play and what you like to play. You could also make up little games like scavenger hunts and stuff.

Pet names: This is between you and your little. What you like, what they find acceptable. They might have certain favorites that make them feel more little than others.

Caregiving through friendship: Do you mean having a platonic little? That's normal and acceptable, if you mean something else can you please clarify?
Don'ts: This mostly requires a conversation on hard limits. Mostly all I can say is don't ever violate the rules of safe, sane, and consensual. Especially consent, it's so important. Beyond that, every little has different ideas of what they think is okay and what isn't. For example, some might like being degraded and others might not. Some might like sexual little space while others don't.

Basically, the whole point is every little is different so every relationship you'll have to define with that individual and figure it out with compromise and discussion.

• Like 1