DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

jellicle baby

The only topic I could find like this was from all the way last year! Anyways, staff let me know where you'd like this if it's in the wrong spot or if there's another post like it! This is a thread for littles and bigs who play musical instruments whether it be wind, strings, percussion, anything! I'm a little baby who plays a big ol' contrabass in my school's orchestra! Any mommies or daddies or little girls and boys who play instruments?

I play both acoustic and electric guitar, I've kinda lost motivation to keep practicing when my teacher moved away.

He complimented me on how fast I learned and sometimes i'd even get ahead of myself and try to play exactly what he had shown me 5 seconds before :p. Best teacher I ever had! anyway here are the guitars:

esp ltd ax-50

Random old guitar that used to belong to my dad but he gave it to me and I painted it.

• Like 2

Guest Ginger-Kit

I played flute 6-12th grade :) I loved it. I did buy one online a couple years back but ended up gifting it to my middle nephew. He's super into playing flute and tries sneaking into the band class at his school x3 but it's only for 4th graders and up, sadly.

I do miss it though! I'm thinking of getting another one, but I'm not sure what music I'd play...

I was learning how to play Guitar and Keyboard though.

I play a bit of guitar, mostly punk rock. I've only been playing for about two years. Music theory was always difficult for me, so I decided to take up learning to play guitar as a challenge.

Hey guys!! My main instrument is the Alto Sax! I started it in 6th grade and haven't stopped even now in college. Over the course of middle school, high school, and college band I've also learned clarinet, trumpet, piano, flute, percussion and the bassoon!
  • Like 1

Hooray for musicians. I have played primarily classical guitar and clarinet for most of my life, and play ukulele daily. I've also played bass, tenor sax, percussion, bass clarinet, cello, and probably some others I'm forgetting. No one is ever to old to learn an instrument; no one has such little musical ability that they can't find something to play; and you can always go back after a long hiatus - it is like riding a bike.
  • Like 1

I've played piano for 16 years now and the flute for about 5 years. I've been learning the violin recently and I play very little guitar. I'm also planning on learning the trumpet someday too.

I played the piano and the trombone when I was in school. I've been trying to play the uke and I've been doing pretty good so far. I'd really love to pick up a guitar or a violin and learn how to play those though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GrapeApe

I've been playing acoustic guitar and singing for over 20 years... I am no James Taylor, but I am about as good an amateur musician as any you'll find.  I have written a few songs of my own (when I was younger), and I enjoy playing mostly covers to myself, anything I can learn and enjoy playing.  Simon & Garfunkel, Tom Petty, Counting Crowes, etc.  All have good tunes to cover and arrange for a single guitar and voice.

I started out as a little kid experimenting on the piano in my house, not really having much instruction.  I started guitar at about age 14 when I realized it would help me get the attention of girls!  Sadly, I did not end up getting as much attention as i had orignally thought.  But I can still pick up the guitar after not playing for a while and jam out hard, on pretty much anything.  I admit, It's a nice comfort in such a crazy world as ours.

• 2 weeks later...

Sort of surprised I didn't see any Bass players, I'm a Daddy and I've played bass three years now. Love to see people in the community interested in music!

I play piano and ukelele mostly, but I also know how to play clarinet and I'm learning violin. ^^ I've always loved music so much, and singing is my favorite thing to do ever. <3

Guest sirdude77

I've played guitar since I was 7. Played in a lot of bands and had 13 minutes of fame.

I also learned how to play electric slide guitar, thats the one most often associated with country bands. Not as easy as it looks so I love the challenge of getting better. And vintage pieces are still somewhat affordable.

• 2 weeks later...

My main instrument is my little 7/8 cello, Allibell! I've played cello for eight years now.

I have an instrument wall in my bedroom where my acoustic and bass guitars sit with my mandolin, harmonica, and keyboard. Joining them soon will be my old banjo, my uke (which I am still learning), and a violin I plan on purchasing soon.