• Please log in to reply
    4 replies to this topic

#1 Lunasrecovery

Lunasrecovery

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:35 AM

I'm looking for a mummy or daddy but I have really bad anxiety๐Ÿ™Š Any advice? Thankchu๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

#2 annemarie

annemarie

AnneMarie

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 123 posts
    • LocationMabeland

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:05 AM

be yourself. 

go to therapy.

do dialectical behavioral therapy (whether you think you need it or not, it's really beneficial i promise)

but most importantly be yourself. that way your mommy or daddy will know what to expect and a panic attack won't be an unpleasant surprise to them.

i also have anxiety and i've found that being up front with your partner tends to make things in your relationship go much more smoothly.

fixed_heart_divider_by_milkate-d6a22ce.pfixed_heart_divider_by_milkate-d6a22ce.p

heart_icon_by_paeriie-d68c9uh.gif mermaid at heartheart_icon_by_paeriie-d68c9uh.gif

tumblr

#3 Trash Queen

Trash Queen

Scumlord

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 114 posts
    • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:08 AM

Yeah, anxiety is a real bummer when it comes between you and the relationship you desire.

Just speaking as someone from anxiety, all I can say is be honest to who you are. It's hard putting yourself out there, but it's better in the long run to have been honest. You'll attract the right people from the start instead of those who were given false information. Just get yourself pumped up. Sometimes I listen to upbeat music or read some inspirational quotes. Anything to get you in the can-do attitude.

And honestly, sometimes I still read The Little Engine that Could. It's such a perfectly simple motivation.

a_gasmask_and_a_gun_by_syosa-d2zahuw.gif

#4 Antoinette

Antoinette

patriotic princess

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 613 posts
    • Locationrapture

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:31 AM

Yea like AnneMarie said, go to therapy. It's important to know you need to me in a healthy mindset to deal with a relationship because they're tough, they're emotional roller-coasters. Take care of yourself [:

• annemarie likes this

#5 queenjellybean ๐Ÿ’‹

queenjellybean ๐Ÿ’‹

Queen of Compersion

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 2322 posts
    • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:37 PM

The more you improve upon yourself to a level where you are confident and comfortable in your own skin, even if it's in a small way, the more you'll be able to project that confidence and positivity into your other relationships. 

Work on yourself first. The rest will come later. Great suggestions above! 

<p><em><span style="color:#0000ff;"><span style="font-size:12px;"> b e a u t y but a funny girl, <strong>that Belle~</strong></span></span></em></p>
    <br><p class="bbc_center"><br><span style="color:#000000;">Kiddo at Heart. Proud Queen. Wave Worshiper.</span><br><span style="color:#800080;">Stuffie Collector. Literature Lover. Secret Keeper.</span></p>
    <p class="bbc_center"><span style="color:#000000;">Space Explorer. Cinnamon Sugar Scented.</span></p>
    <p class="bbc_center"><span style="color:#800080;">Bug Catcher. Sun Kisser. Storm Chaser.</span><br><span style="color:#000000;">Crayon Scribbler. Dreamer.</span></p>
    <p> </p>
    <p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#800080;"><em> Pansexual. Polyamorous.</em></span></span></p>
    <p class="bbc_center"><br><span style="color:#4b0082;"><span style="font-size:12px;">Happily involved with <strong>The Giant & Dollmaker.</strong></span></span></p>
    <p class="bbc_center"><span style="color:#4b0082;"><span style="font-size:12px;">Little Tiny Bean Butt Sister to <strong>Shark.</strong></span></span></p>
    <p class="bbc_center"><span style="color:#4b0082;"><span style="font-size:12px;">Older Sister.</span></span></p>
    <p class="bbc_center"><span style="color:#4b0082;"><span style="font-size:12px;">Proud Member of the BEG KISS FALL IN LOVE triad.</span></span><br>

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anxiety, Mummy, Daddy, Ddlg, Mdlg, Cgl, Help, Single

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users