Nashina

Chubby Crybaby

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 43 posts
    • LocationAustria

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:52 PM

Hewwo!!

So I have a question. I'm extremely shy, very scared of strangers, depressed (but on my way to get better) and just very anxious in general. However, I have the immense need for love and affection!! But how can I fulfill this need when I never talk to new people and get to know them??

Does anyone have any tips on how to overcome my social anxiety??

Having online friends is something I can do!! That's fine for me so if anyone wants to message me just do! ❤️ But I'm a very physical person and I love to touch and cuddle my friends!! So I'd really love it if anyone has some tips ❤️

Thank you in advance!!! ❤️❤️❤️
    SUCC (support, uplift, comfort & care)

#2 Wish

Wish

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 10 posts
    • LocationUSA

Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:27 PM

Is speaking with a therapist a possibility for you? CBT is very helpful for social anxiety, though it's often far from comfortable.

People take time to become friends. If it's possible, you may want to get a pet - preferably, something like a dog from a rescue, who would need to be taken out for walks. In addition to the comfort and cuddles they provide, there's something extremely uplifting about focusing on something else's needs when you're anxious or depressed. You can't sleep or hide in the house all day if the dog needs a walk, or the cat needs food, so you can become a hero for their sake and get out and do things, which is another thing that will really help. It also gives you an automatic conversation starter. People love talking about their pets!

#3 Daddy-Tom

Daddy-Tom

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 442 posts
    • LocationNorthwest CT

Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:18 PM

Well talking to people online is well and good and you mentioned you do that, so really you do talk to new people. Once you get comfortable with them, if they're nearby you can discuss meeting in person. Lots of people are anxious. In fact probably most people get nervous about meeting someone new. It's normal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Friends, Help, Advice, Love, Depression, Anxiety, Social anxiety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users