DDlg Forum & Community Spring is Here !

What does you username mean/say about you?

Guest Faust

I've always put a lot of thought into my username. It always reflects my personality or a specific trait of mine. My username here is from a play I once read. Faust was a scholar who traded his soul to the devil to be with a woman he fell madly in love with. I identify with Faust because I have done crazy things for people I have loved. I'm single though so it's obvious that it never turned out well for me, just like it didn't for Faust.

So does your username have a story? Or is it just a random conglomerate of letter and numbers you threw together? I'm genuinely curious and not just because I'm bored.

• Like 3

Guest Buttons

This is such an interesting question! :D 

I've never heard of Faust, but from your description, it sounds like a really intriguing play! 

My username comes from a nickname that my parents and wider family have given me ever since I was a baby. They call me Buttons or Boots a lot! I love it because it makes me feel really loved. And also because one of my favourite sweeties/treats ever are called chocolate buttons: 

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511PBvEnBKL._SX300_.jpg

:D

Thank you! I'm glad you were intrigued enough to answer my question. I pray you aren't the last!

The play has many versions. In some Faust trades his souls for control of a demon, in some he does it for simple worldly knowledge. In some versions he is saved and in some he is dragged to Hell. It has so many versions but my favorite is the version where he trades his soul for a woman and then that woman saves his soul from the devil. I guess I hope one day when I give my soul to a woman she will save it instead of leaving it for the Devil.

OMG that is such a cute nickname! Thank you for sharing! I love hearing things like that about people!

Guest ittybittylove

I was just going to ask which version of Faust you were referring to. The last one I read was where he trades his soul for knowledge and power because he was a scholar and he thirsted for knowledge. That's the one written by Marlowe.

As for my screen name here, I picked it when I was first making a tumblr. I wasn't really sure if I was a little yet but I am a fun sized person so I was like "what's another way to say small". So I picked ittybitty and I love love so I added that too.

I preferred the style of Marlowe but not the direction he took the story. Nothing wrong with it. I just prefer a happy ending. :)

Yes another cute name! Thank you for sharing! Also who doesn't love, love? Even when it doesn't love us back! lol!

Just like you I always put a little bit of myself into my usernames. They usually reflect this I like or enjoy. In this particular scenario I chose a username that is a combination of an old high school nickname and ddlg. 

P.S. Yes, I am of Chinese descent. 

Mine is quite obvious, really...lol...at least on here. Usually I'll incorporate some variation of the numbers 0467 because it seems just an alphabetical name is impossible to get. All my user names have some significance, even if it seems obscure or convoluted.

Mine is a mix between the Magic: the Gathering block Lorwyn (Which was the block my favorite Plainswalker, Jace Beleren, first appeared) and Loup is french for wolf which comes from my favorite non-Nicholas Sparks romance book Blood and Chocolate (Loup Garou). 

• Like 1

Guest ~Spooky_Ghoul~
Mine is a little silly but I tried to pick something that fit with my personality. I love scary movies and Halloween. My favorite kids Halloween movie is scary godmother and I use a goofy reference from the dance party as my name. The little decorations are my attempt to jazz it up a bit :3

My username reflects my love for Skyrim! I'am a lil' dragonborn who is destined for greatness! I could also be a Dovah Kulaas, which in dragon speak directly translates to Dragon Princess! I've played it both on PC and Xbox, and love both! 

For me it's a bit of a long story so I will summarize. To start my favorite animal is a wolf. I am a switch, naturally, so as a "top" i've always gone with the title "Alpha Miss Rae" Alpha being as in wolf pack ranking. The Alpha Female. So for here, since I am trying to explore my other side I went with Little Wolf. More of a younger/exploring/etc role.

OMG I'm SO happy to meet ALL of you and learn about your usernames! Thank you all for sharing! This is my second day on this site but already I have met so many kind and interesting people. I am honored.

My chat room name is derived from when friends in school said I had a cute bum and reinforced around that same time when my Mum's daily desk calendar had cutie patootie (with a picture of a toddler wearing a cute dress and bent over revealing her frilly overpants) on one day in February.  I wish I would have torn that page out and kept it but I didn't, otherwise I'd attach it here for everyone to see.  I was informed by someone (in a chat room I used to frequent) that the name was used in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  However, a friend told me that it was the phrase hot patootie and not cutie patootie that was used in the movie.  I have no idea as I've never seen the movie.  I've recently put some serious consideration into a name change... or possibly going back to one that I originally used several years ago.  

Mine is the name of a character that I am most known for, she's a cute pink bunny girl. :3

I use this name almost all the time because everyone knows who I am when I use it xD

My name is a reference to a line in a song from the movie Three Amigos. If you haven't seen the movie, watch it! It's hilarious, especially the scene when the song is used. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6wetejGqh0

Apart from that, I love the song. My eyes aren't blue, but I imagine having a musical Daddy who will sing me the song just to make me smile and twirl me around the room while I laughed. 

• Like 1

Guest littlemissbri

Mine's just two of my nicknames together. Bri is what my family and some friends call me and Little Lamb is one of the things I like to be called when I'm little.

Guest MyDaddyMyWorld

Well it's the same as my Tumblr name. And it's an obvious one really. This man, my daddy, is my world. Aside from my kids of course. But it's a totally different thing.

I truly worship him. That's not just a cute word, it's the truth. He's like a god to me. After six months, it's getting stronger. I can't fully put it into words.

While in the Marine Corps, my last name was truncated to Mac, after the first syllable of my last name.

The number was my MOS, or specialty designation, number. 6531 is an ordnanceman.

My name is Mac, and I play with explosives.

Guest MadameButterfly
My name is from the opera Madame Butterfly by Giacomo Puccini. I haven't actually seen it but I know some of the music and I love opera and music and thought it sounded so pretty!
  • Like 1

Guest littlemissragamuffin
I'm a poor little princess lol I'll sew my clothes back together a million times before tossing them out. I've also been called a ragamuffin my whole life and it's just rather cute sounding no?